Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RIP Errol?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: RIP Errol?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 11:28:33 AM »
Oh and shame to hear about your bike, uku383. Onwards and upwards!

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by uku383 [+]
Righto, I've got photos and will post them later. Thinking about it, the bike went down months ago in what I thought was not a serious drop. That could have caused damage, but I'll never know (although the tank has been off a couple of times during that period and there was no sign of any damage). The cracks do seem to align to the welds at the point where the frame attaches to the engine.

In really bad news, it seems that I may have missed renewing my insurance when it fell due on 1 January. So, I'm up for the full cost of a new bike. Not happy about that, and it's my own fault, but it's one of those things that has happened and must be rolled with.

I have pretty much decided on the new 2019 bike. I agree with all of Oyabun's comments. While there is the option of buying a second hand bike, I can acknowledge that I just want the new one, so I'm going to make that happen. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be on a new X until at least June.

Thankfully, it's not difficult to feel excited about a new bike. :)

Sorry to hear about the insurance. Seems like you're staying positive though. Best of luck.

Offline AJC500

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 02:03:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marv_ [+]
Yeah, i remember that episode...

Obviously different rules in Australia. We can get away with quite alot in the UK. Take Germany for example. Any accessory for a car or bike has to go through their TUV approval system. We can bolt on almost any old tack onto our cars/bikes.

I remember years ago I had a Rover 2000, the P6 model, and the rear de-dion suspension pulled away from one of the rear mountings.  That was fixed with a big thick washer welded back in to form the bolt hole!! And it passed it's next MOT test too. Different times I guess!!!   :008:
The Story So Far.........
2017 and 2018: 8000miles recreational use - 89.82mpg UK; 74.79mpg US; 3.14litres/100km

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your bike. I have broken frames on the old XR steel frames and wielded and have even split pipe and added for more support over the break in the frame. Wow, what stands out to me are the regulations that everyone is talking about.  We have Frankenstein cars, trucks and bikes everywhere. Choppers are the worst they buy everything and build it into a chopper. RIP Errol

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 06:03:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trailrunner [+]
I am sorry to hear about your bike. I have broken frames on the old XR steel frames and wielded and have even split pipe and added for more support over the break in the frame. Wow, what stands out to me are the regulations that everyone is talking about.  We have Frankenstein cars, trucks and bikes everywhere. Choppers are the worst they buy everything and build it into a chopper. RIP Errol

Life is cheap in America!  :015:

Recent Topics