Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bought CB500X yesterday:)  (Read 630 times)

Offline Bjoris

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Bought CB500X yesterday:)
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marv_ [+]
Most of that will polish out  :016:

Seems mostly cosmetic. Are you going to repair it so it's like new again, or just sort out the bits which are broken?

I've been to Norway a couple of times (by car only), hoping to take my CB500X there at some point. Great roads and scenery over there for biking (in the summer, at least...)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Hi, if you see the last picture this is how it looks now so all fixed, except scratches on the exhaust. Those will not be possible to polished out due to that is it aluminium. I guess I will check how much it will be to fixed it, but don`t think it is worth spending a lot of money on

I can confirm that we have lots of interesting roads in Norway. I am already looking at where to take the bike in the summer:)

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »
 :400: Nice Black bike  :028:

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bjoris [+]
I can confirm that we have lots of interesting roads in Norway. I am already looking at where to take the bike in the summer:)

This looks rather nice!

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 07:45:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:48:06 PM by Jonathan »

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 10:09:16 PM »
 :400:
I've seen a lot of Norway from sailing along the coast- hope to do a road trip to the Nordkapp next summer and look at the scenery from close-up. Won't mention the cost  :164:

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2Bpencil [+]
:400:
I've seen a lot of Norway from sailing along the coast- hope to do a road trip to the Nordkapp next summer and look at the scenery from close-up. Won't mention the cost  :164:

Go on....mention the cost! I'd love to travel up to Norway :001:

There used to be a ferry from Newcastle, but not sure if it still runs....otherwise it's Hull to Zeebrugge and make my way up through Denmark
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:23:40 PM by Jonathan »

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
or ferry, Newcastle to Amsterdam then follow the coast . . . or if you fancy a freight ferry there is always Immingham to Brevik with DFDS Seaways
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:00:51 AM by catstevecam »

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by catstevecam [+]
or ferry, Newcastle to Amsterdam then follow the coast . . . or if you fancy a freight ferry there is always Immingham to Brevik with DFDS Seaways
The ferry from Immingham is freight only, as far as I understand. So it's a ferry to Hoek, Dunkirk or Calais, or in my case Eurotunnel, as I need to do miles/hour.

I'd hoped that the Norwegian members would chip in about costs in Norway- I recollect 10/pint in Bergen, and that was 15+ years ago.  :005: So I'll be taking a tent + a stove to use on the majority of the trip.

Offline Bjoris

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 08:54:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2Bpencil [+]
The ferry from Immingham is freight only, as far as I understand. So it's a ferry to Hoek, Dunkirk or Calais, or in my case Eurotunnel, as I need to do miles/hour.

I'd hoped that the Norwegian members would chip in about costs in Norway- I recollect 10/pint in Bergen, and that was 15+ years ago.  :005: So I'll be taking a tent + a stove to use on the majority of the trip.

Hahah, yes you know we drive Teslas every one here in Norway so need to be expensive:) Just kidding, actually NOK is historically weak so might be you should go to Norway this summer!!!??? I sailed the coast this year in 9 weeks, it was fantastic. But I dont have 9 weeks more than once in a life time so bike is better from now on:)

Recent Topics