Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suggestions for a motorway commuter  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Suggestions for a motorway commuter
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
I draw the line somewhere, I'll pass on muffs thank you very much.   :153:

check out these beauties....

pretty sure they're old 5L oil containers

Offline mother-goose

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2019, 07:12:11 PM »
I can completely understand the muffs, I'm going to see how these go with rain protection - as I'm going to be a year round commuter in all weathers I will say no to nothing when it comes to comfort.

Have any of you ridden a DCT bike? Absolutely amazing (if you like it I guess, some will hate it I know).

I test road the 2018 model first and that definitely is a step on from the 2016 model as well. Couldn't afford one and I wasn't that upset, but the development progress is impressive. Whatever they do with the new one is 2020 will be brilliant I'm sure.

Offline mother-goose

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Surrey
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2019, 07:16:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
check out these beauties....

pretty sure they're old 5L oil containers

That reminds me of couriers on their CB500's with estate agents signs cut to shape for weather protection.

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by mother-goose [+]
I can completely understand the muffs, I'm going to see how these go with rain protection - as I'm going to be a year round commuter in all weathers I will say no to nothing when it comes to comfort.

I understand them, I just have a kind of phobia against them (and they look sh#t), a bit like those foot holder things on racing bicycles. I feel like I'm not in control of my extremities when they're trapped in these devices.

I guess it depends on how far you have to travel, my commute is fairly short so heated grips and Barkbusters are fine, although I do have heated gloves but since installing the Barkbusters it's amazing how much they're not needed now.

Recent Topics