Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike Lift?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
Re: Bike Lift?
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »
For all my race bikes I used to make a frame or a stand specifically for each bike that would get the front and rear off the ground. The X has a couple of excellant rear mount points ( the centre stand and even better the tube at the bottom of the frame but nothing even reasonable forward. If I was desparate enough I would make a crash bar that mounted to the front engine bolts and came down below the motor that could double as a forward lift point.
You could put put crash knobs in the front engine mounts and make a cradle that used them and the rear centre stand or through the frame tube , that sat on the jack lift. That would let you do everything except remove the engine.
As it is I have a platform lift and front and rear stands so don't have a desparate need.

Offline kickertwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by SilverCycle [+]
Well, I'm trying to deal with both my X and her F. I doubt either of us will need a full sump guard, the F especially, as she's trying to keep it light. So the centre lift seems to be a non option. Debateably that Sealey dual purpose unit isn't rated enough to lift the van anyway. So that's out.

The X has a centre stand already, the F isn't getting one. We may get some kind of trail stand for trips, but I don't much fancy using it for routine maintenance, especially as the workspace is cramped.

She doesn't like the idea of hacking the holes in the swingarm covers, so ABBA isn't going to work for us. A shame as it looks good.

Research continues...

What about sport bike stands? There are solid aluminum tube ones and the cheaper steel tube models usually separate for easier transport

as seen on this CB500F
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:12:30 AM by kickertwo »

Offline glencoeman

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 08:33:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by kickertwo [+]
What about sport bike stands? There are solid aluminum tube ones and the cheaper steel tube models usually separate for easier transport

as seen on this CB500F

They are OK until you need to change the fork oil. A centre stand (although I know some people don't like them) is still the best option for all maintenance jobs and on the plus side, you have always got it with you.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:35:42 AM by glencoeman »

Offline Superplasma

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Brombough
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by glencoeman [+]
They are OK until you need to change the fork oil. A centre stand (although I know some people don't like them) is still the best option for all maintenance jobs and on the plus side, you have always got it with you.

+1,yes ,a centre stand is the best,I do not see any problem to put one on ,is all ways there when you need it.

Superplasma.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage