Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First ride of the year!  (Read 475 times)

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
First ride of the year!
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:29:37 PM »
I was going to put "first ride of 2019," but then that looked too much like the first ride on 2019 which would have only generated lots of disappointment. 

Spring is here!  We had a good hard rain last night after a few warm days in the 50's, so most of the salt and sand was washed away.  My first ride since the end of November, thirty-five miles of ear-to-ear grinning.  I never even noticed it was in the low 40's.  Happiness is an amazing insulator.  I took it slow to get reaquainted with the bike since I had only a couple of thousand miles on it since I picked it up in late August, but it took no time at all to get in the groove!    :300:

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: First ride of the year!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
I was going to put "first ride of 2019," but then that looked too much like the first ride on 2019 which would have only generated lots of disappointment. 

Spring is here!  We had a good hard rain last night after a few warm days in the 50's, so most of the salt and sand was washed away.  My first ride since the end of November, thirty-five miles of ear-to-ear grinning.  I never even noticed it was in the low 40's.  Happiness is an amazing insulator.  I took it slow to get reaquainted with the bike since I had only a couple of thousand miles on it since I picked it up in late August, but it took no time at all to get in the groove!    :300:

:046: back in the saddle!

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:31:42 AM »
You must remember those early spring days in New England. Almost--but not quite!--makes winter worthwhile.

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
You must remember those early spring days in New England. Almost--but not quite!--makes winter worthwhile.

Oh I certainly do. Winter was torture.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:21:24 AM by ThirtyOne »

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage