Author Topic: R&G Tail Tidy Problem Solving  (Read 4 times)

chang14, veriest1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online veriest1

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
R&G Tail Tidy Problem Solving
on: Today at 05:08:49 PM
I had to get started modifying the CB since my suspension stuff from the UK is scheduled to arrive today. So I started by installing the R&G Tail Tidy this morning. If I didn't get started then... well... I'd be doing a real farkle marathon. I was going to wait and do this and LED blinkers at the same time but USPS says the blinkers are lost in space somewhere.

Between kids and puppies the job took me a few hours but went together easily enough. Juan's YT video on the project was infinitely more helpful than the papers R&G supplied. The problem I had was the little bolt in the center that holds the bottom cover on. As others have noted there's no threads to speak of there and I actually stripped it out with my fingers holding just 1/4" allen bit. No driver attached. My solution is very sturdy but will require adding 5/16" bit driver, a pair of Knipex pliars, or similar to the toolkit to get in there on the trail. A Leatherman might do it? Once?

Anyway, I present to you the self tapping sheet metal screw. R&G even provided the means to paint it black. This really locked the bottom cover into place and I feel a lot more confident about it not vibrating out with the little rubber washer there applying tension.

Last Edit: Today at 05:09:59 PM by veriest1