Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 328980 times)

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Colorado Springs
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2014, 04:51:36 AM »
Thanks Victord33.
Can we see a pic of your spacers/washers?
It's a good tip.

Offline theloop

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2014, 11:12:27 PM »
Took my Cal-Sci windshield off to plasti-dip the bottom of it, reason, got a big scratch, plus dust gets behind it where it's hard to clean without removing.  So I took a picture of it next to the stock windshield.

Offline malcolmhealey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
I got so fed up with the turbulence, as stated before, tried, screen higher position, lower position, a givi, wunderleicht deflecter, schuberth c3 pro. The only thing that helped was the screen removed. I've been back to the dealer to get a trade in price against the 500f I test rode one and no excessive noise/turbuence. Before I make the final decision I'm going to try the 1" plus spacers on the std screen. This is the best idea on this topic it should eliminate the high pressure air rushing in around the screen filling the low pressure void behind the screen which is the cause of turbulence and excessive wind noise. The madstrad uses the same principle, look at the distance from the front of the bike the screen is. Fingers crossed, I'll try it if it ever stops raining.

Offline Muttley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
What we need is a Mega Meet so we can all compare notes. Wouldn't it be good to take a short test ride on other peoples bikes to test their set-up particularly wind noise. I have a MRA Vario screen which was an improvement on the stock, no turbulence but was still giving me too much wind noise. I bought a BMW helmet (think they're made by Schubert but very similar if not), and that made all the difference. I now can't tell any difference with or without ear plugs. I am 6 foot slim(ish) build.
M

Offline malcolmhealey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:22 PM »
a mega meet is a good idea, so at the moment there are two of us, let's see if we can get any more takers.

Offline Muttley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:20 PM »
There are the seeds of a meet at Rutland Water 17 August ( use Search function to find the thread). Maybe you could make it.
M

Offline blergen

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2014, 05:08:08 AM »
Last week I fitted a Kappa windscreen to my X.  Massive difference at highway speeds.  Funny thing is, it's actually a Givi Windscreen with a Kappa sticket over the Givi logo.  Has the Givi part number stamped on it as well.  Bought it from here - cost me $85 euro shipped to Australia.  Got it in 8 days.  Bit fugly, but does the trick.

http://www.brixiamoto.it/it/honda-cb-500-x-13-14-parabrezza-trasparente-kappa-kd1121st

Offline victord33

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2014, 01:44:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by MonsterMars [+]
Thanks Victord33.
Can we see a pic of your spacers/washers?
It's a good tip.

I ended up moving the washers up on the top screws and it makes very little difference for me in terms of noise on the Puig screen so I just left them there. Here are the washers I bought and how I installed them.

Sorry for the dirty bike shot, I got hailed on today in a nasty storm. The screen kept me somewhat shielded from cars spraying water in front of me, which was pretty nice.

Offline Klay

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2014, 03:13:19 AM »
I ended up removing the windshield and now the air flow is perfect.  So I removed the windshield brackets. 

I'm 5' 10".  When I had the windshield in its lowest position (below Honda's lowest intended position, I found that if i lifted off the seat just an inch or two, my helmet was in clean air. 

I'm going to cut two pieces of rubber from an inner tube and super-glue them over the slots where the brackets used to be.

Offline theloop

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: Waterford
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2014, 03:25:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Klay [+]
I ended up removing the windshield and now the air flow is perfect.  So I removed the windshield brackets. 

I'm 5' 10".  When I had the windshield in its lowest position (below Honda's lowest intended position, I found that if i lifted off the seat just an inch or two, my helmet was in clean air. 

I'm going to cut two pieces of rubber from an inner tube and super-glue them over the slots where the brackets used to be.

Ever think about just cutting the windshield down 2 inches, I think that would have looked better.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage