Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 334118 times)

Offline mww916

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Sydanee
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by blergen [+]
Last week I fitted a Kappa windscreen to my X.  Massive difference at highway speeds.  Funny thing is, it's actually a Givi Windscreen with a Kappa sticket over the Givi logo.  Has the Givi part number stamped on it as well.  Bought it from here - cost me $85 euro shipped to Australia.  Got it in 8 days.  Bit fugly, but does the trick.

http://www.brixiamoto.it/it/honda-cb-500-x-13-14-parabrezza-trasparente-kappa-kd1121st

It is quite fugly - you are right.

I am sure there is a large majority of this forum that have had to modify in some way the original screen from Honda. Whether it be a wind deflector (which I have) - no screen or an aftermarket screen or Honda's own extended screen (handy for there aftermarket sales)

FAIL!
"".........""

Offline Klay

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2014, 03:27:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by theloop [+]
Ever think about just cutting the windshield down 2 inches, I think that would have looked better.

Yes, but that would have left the brackets protruding above the windshield. 

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by rosmoe [+]
Finally fixed my windshield problem, lifted the stock windshield about an 1" 1/4 above the brackets it is bolted too with sections of cut fuel line as spacers & longer allen bolts.  No more buffeting or turbulance, just clean air flow.  I am 6'2" . Attached photo shows the very simple & cheap fix.  Anyone want the Givi Tall Screen, it is collecting dust now ?

Still want to sell the tall Givi?, I'm in the U.S., so postage should be fair.
With my hearing damage, I plan to go with the tallest shield, and wind deflectors on top of that.  Damage...as in...constant ringing, I have to try something or stop riding.  Which isn't a option.

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2014, 05:03:49 PM »
Looks like I am going to take the dive and buy a CALSCI fairing, the tallest one I can get, and add a tobinator...Or?...

I have to stop hearing damage, as tinnitus is quite irritating.

Offline MyCB

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Ooltewah, TN USA
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
I opted for the Givi which was considerably less than Cal-Sci.  I had it in the highest position, and recently moved it to the lower position for a 150 mile ride yesterday.  In the low position, at 5'11" tall, I still did not get buffeting until I physically stood up on the pegs.  It also looks better a bit lower for those concerned about the looks.  City driving, probably not a concern, but I'm sure there are times when you are at 70 MPH+ on the freeway, and a taller screen makes it much more pleasant.  I noticed that when changing lanes and looking back, that my head doesn't catch all the wind (like with the stock screen) and get a good jarring.

Offline rosmoe

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
Think I will hang on to my Givi Screen, got it just right after much adjustments.  Have on the lowest setting, seems to work a lot better.
Summer, California.  Winter, Thailand

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Colorado Springs
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by rosmoe [+]
Think I will hang on to my Givi Screen, got it just right after much adjustments.  Have on the lowest setting, seems to work a lot better.

Good to know.  Thanks!

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »
Got the CalSci shield yesterday, cost me 200 plus, but what the hell, I volunteered to work a injured employees day, and paid for half of it right there.
I always consider---what ever I buy as a nice accessory, that someday if I sell the bike, I restore it back to O.E.M. and the shield will get at least half on ebay years down the road.
Now on to finding soft bag side racks.
Will report back on the CalSci shield and wind/buffeting effects if any--- after a good long ride.  Tall guys have tall issues with finding a shield that works for them.

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
Well, here are a few pics.       

Must be the tallest shield available.
I am pretty happy with the results so far.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:05:16 PM by chumleebonus »

Offline daytripper72

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, XR650L
  • City / Town: Kent, WA
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
I made an extension the other day. Took it for a test ride and love it.. wind goes over my head finally. It gets cold here a lot.  Piece of $4 lexan from home depot and a heat gun.
.. there's only two kind of riders, those who've been down and those who're going down..

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage