Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 324913 times)

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Colorado Springs
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2014, 09:59:16 PM »
The CalSci wind screen looks like the Alien head.

Joking aside... if it works, then so be it.  I'm exploring options to reduce wind noise/turbulence as well.

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by daytripper72 [+]
I made an extension the other day. Took it for a test ride and love it.. wind goes over my head finally. It gets cold here a lot.  Piece of $4 lexan from home depot and a heat gun.

Good tip!

Offline garciawork

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2014, 04:38:10 AM »
Just went from a Givi to the Calsci myself. 5'9'' and I can now have the visor up on my Shoei GT Air to 60mph (the most I could do on any of my past bikes with an RF1200) without turbulence. The give just wasn't quite tall enough... oh well. Up for sale it goes.

The Calsci is a fantastic screen, my first from them thusfar. No other bike has required it.

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2014, 05:04:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by garciawork [+]
Just went from a Givi to the Calsci myself. 5'9'' and I can now have the visor up on my Shoei GT Air to 60mph (the most I could do on any of my past bikes with an RF1200) without turbulence. The give just wasn't quite tall enough... oh well. Up for sale it goes.

The Calsci is a fantastic screen, my first from them thus far. No other bike has required it.

If it's not too much to ask, can you post a pic of the two windshields side by side?  I know the Givi is smaller but by how much...  the OEM windscreen just ain't cutting it for me. 

Maybe a Thailand "Puig" windshield, posted below?  Ha.

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:03 AM »
Anybody have the source for the wunderleicht deflector in the USA?

I need just a bit more deflection on top of the CAL-SCI, as 6'4'' is a curse of finding a happy envelope of fairing nirvana.

After a 300 mile ride today, I found by just putting up my hand on top of the fairing, it finally gave that comfortable air flow just to the top of my helmet, and a deflector, that can be turned down in the slower twisties would be nice---as I believe the Wunderleicht would accomplish.

Offline Heavy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Barrie, Ontario
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by chumleebonus [+]
Anybody have the source for the wunderleicht deflector in the USA?

GOOGLE is your friend.   :001:

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/bmw/FEATURED.html
There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Offline chumleebonus

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Got it,---will google first, no excuse for playing ignorant anymore...thank you  :430:

Note, cheaper if I buy the product on Amazon, than directly on their site.  That shouldn't be the case, but not going to fight it. :187:

Offline MonsterMars

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
Or, try the Puig clip-on, $115.51.  Free shipping (in USA).

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor

Offline 500teXas

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Arlington, TX
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 06:52:19 AM »
Anyone else tried rosmoe's 1 1/4" spacer method.  It will be the most economical way to go if results are satisfactory.
1989 Yamaha TW200
2005 Honda Rebel CMX250
2013 Honda CB500X
If you response is "get a bigger bike" go f@#k yourself.

Offline ogri

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA CB500X
  • City / Town: Miami, FL
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by 500teXas [+]
Anyone else tried rosmoe's 1 1/4" spacer method.  It will be the most economical way to go if results are satisfactory.
I am 5'8'', I'm still try to find comfortable noise level in about 5 months. I have tried without screen (constantly whistle), screen in lower position - it is noisy, in upper position - it is impossible because claps sound on top of my helmet. I got complete silence inside helmet only when I stand on pegs on any speed (I have tried until 60 mi). I have replaced screen bolts on 35mm long ones and have played with them, I tried to change angle of screen by putting small spacers under lower attachment bolts. Now I ride with 1'' spacers, it's little better than just stock windshield in lower position for me, but now I have noticed that I have begin to catch dust in my eyes from everywhere if I keep a small opening of my visor. I want to cry because I very like this motorcycle and in the same time I hate Honda engineers for the ugly windshield turbulence that killing my ears.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage