Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 236589 times)

Wolfi and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Harry999

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Wrexham, Wales
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »
Hi guys,  :148:
I'm in need of a bit of help please.

I'm just about to order the new Puig touring windscreen with the additional wind deflector installed, anybody out there got any feedback for me please?

I have read nearly all the posts relating to after market windscreens and still no idea what's best

Currently I'm commuting around 150 miles a day speeds upto 80mph on A, B roads and some motorways. I'm just being hammered by the wind, also I cant hear myself think at time too.

#help

Kind regards

Clive.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: I own 8.
  • City / Town: Upstate,SC USA
« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2017, 11:14:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry999 >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Hi guys,  :148:
I'm in need of a bit of help please.

I'm just about to order the new Puig touring windscreen with the additional wind deflector installed, anybody out there got any feedback for me please?

I have read nearly all the posts relating to after market windscreens and still no idea what's best

Currently I'm commuting around 150 miles a day speeds upto 80mph on A, B roads and some motorways. I'm just being hammered by the wind, also I cant hear myself think at time too.

#help

Kind regards

Clive.

A lot of us have experimented to find out what works for us. I have tried the OE small screen that came on my bike in the low and high position with no luck. I bought a member's 118bikes Honda screen which is just a very dark Givi screen. It was better, not great. I have tried it in the upper and lower position. I have spaced it out about 1/2 inch in high and low position. Nothing worked for me. I rode a couple others CB-X. One with the Puig and one a Madstad set up with a 22-inch screen. The Madstad was by far the best. It all seems to come down to where your head is in the air stream and what comfort level you're expecting to get. I knew I'd never get it as smooth or quiet as my big cruiser's windshield.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #812 on: July 30, 2017, 11:58:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry999 >>>> link hidden <<<<
I'm just being hammered by the wind, also I cant hear myself think at time too.

#help

Kind regards

Clive.

Are you wearing ear plugs?
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Harry999

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Wrexham, Wales
« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »
Good evening fellow CB500x owners.

I've just ordered the Puig screen from France, arriving mid August hopefully, until then I will just have to be battered by the English climate,

I'm wearing personally moulded ear plugs at a cost of 75 however these are over 15 years old :745: but still fit well.

I will update this thread once new screen is installed. hope its worth the money :138:

Ride safely

Harry

Offline Bueno58

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: California
« Reply #814 on: August 02, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 >>>> link hidden <<<<
I'm a bit surprised reading some of this subject - Admittedly I'm coming from a naked bike, but the standard screen (2017) seems great to me!!

Same here on a 2017.  I'm 6' with no windshield problems.
2007 Yamaha Star Roadliner
2017 Honda CB500XA

Online slowrider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 500X Rally Raid
  • City / Town: Surbiton
« Reply #815 on: August 20, 2017, 07:23:23 PM »
I am 5' 11" and just driven London to Helsinki.  Now on the way back.   When I get home the first thing I am going to do is change the screen.    I have a  Schuberth C3 Pro and above 60 I can not hear the music from the inbuilt sound system so I have it turned off.  I get so much bufferting my ears ring even with ear plugs.   If I stand up when riding the silence is wonderful.   

I have been riding for 6+ hours a day and it's painful.   

Having fun with Rally Raid Level 3 upgrade

slowrideradventures.blogspot.se/

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #816 on: August 20, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »
I am 5" 6" but long waisted (28" inseam).

I was satisfied with the non-turbulence when I removed the windscreen, so I removed the windscreen brackets.

They are welded to the headlight cage.  First photo is after the hacksaw and black primer:

The 2nd photo is everything put back together:

I doubt that many folks will do this, but, it works for me.   :007:

PS If anyone wants to do this, be sure to tape over the forks to keep shavings from getting in there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:38:04 PM by jsonder »
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Member
  • My new bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl1000 CB500X
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #817 on: August 21, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
I fixed it! So excited to share this with everyone it still has to be powdered coated. But I spent way to much time but it has made a huge improvement in wind noise huge I can hear my music, and I do get some air on my chest which is nice and I rode 35 miles of dirt roads and no windscreen movement or noise. I have had to stop many times where it would come lose when riding off road.
Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Online slowrider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 500X Rally Raid
  • City / Town: Surbiton
« Reply #818 on: August 24, 2017, 06:42:59 PM »
How about on the motorway, have you had it at cruising speeds yet? if so how fast before the buffeting starts.  This info will be a great help for me making my decision.

Thanks
Having fun with Rally Raid Level 3 upgrade

slowrideradventures.blogspot.se/

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Member
  • My new bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl1000 CB500X
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #819 on: August 24, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
Yes it works great!!! I have very little wind noise at 75 mph. I can hear the engine now at 75. I have not had any buffeting like before when I would get to 50 mph it was nasty. The windscreen was the disappointment from the first day. I had a 40 mile ride home on the interstate it was loud and it would rattle when I was off road. I added the bark busters it would hit when I would lock the handle bars and I would have to lock it into place everyday before riding to and from work. Who ever designed the windscreen on the 2015 has never rode a bike with a windscreen on the hwy at speed. I am Honda's biggest fan, and thought OK something is wrong. I left the dealer and crossed RR tracks and had to turn and go back the screen came off and I was able to grab it and put it back on. The dealer said oh it must have not been on all the way service must have bumped it getting it ready.  It made the bike enjoyable at speed, we rode Sunday and 10 minutes after leaving home my wife said it so much better I can hear you good. We had been yelling in the intercom to talk to each other at 60 mph now we talk normal with no problem hearing.   
Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Recent Topics