Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 278151 times)

Offline EdoX

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by rosmoe [+]
Think I will hang on to my Givi Screen, got it just right after much adjustments.  Have on the lowest setting, seems to work a lot better.
So, after several months of use, what is your opinion about the GIVI screen ?
I'm thinking to buy it (1.80m - 5.9' tall).
Thank you

Offline rvall

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
Just got this V-Stream Sport/Touring screen from National Cycle:
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/large_photo?mv_session_id=MhGPXDdb&mv_arg=N20046&search_model=hd-157

I'm 6' 1" and this is a great improvement over the OEM windscreen.
Here's my bike...

Offline ogri

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA CB500X
  • City / Town: Miami, FL
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
strange... so many people have bought madstad and nobody wrote about happy result, may be madstad send agreement to keep silence when you are using their product :-) I read on advrider - madstad is good, but you will be roasted in the summer time. I live in Miami and when summer is over then begins a new summer-swimming season and so on... As I understand, the all motorcycling forums activity will go down until next summer in the world and I need to invest money in the own test of the madstad effectiveness.

Offline ngling

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Rockhampton
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2014, 06:16:42 AM »
Contrary to what you might think, it is not winter all over the world. Southern hemisphere is moving into its summer months so there will always be people contributing to the forums. Aside from that, you can ride all year round in a lot of regions. As far as overheating with a Madstad screen, you just change the angle or height to get more wind on your helmet or body. There are plenty of reviews for this windscreen, although not for the X as these have only just been developed recently. Just do an internet search.

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
 ok  I have been riding motor bikes for over 50 years with wind and rain and the last 10 years being very hot most of the year I can not understand why a bit of wind is so much of a problem why its all part of riding a bike I am 6.3in and have no  problem with the stock screen' doc.

Offline Dave1899

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Gainesville, FL
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »
I know what you mean Doc. I've been riding for 45 years (legally) and love the wind in my face. I had to cut down the wind screen on my Kawasaki Concours because it blocked the wind too much.

Offline ogri

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA CB500X
  • City / Town: Miami, FL
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2014, 05:00:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by crazy doctor [+]
ok  I have been riding motor bikes for over 50 years with wind and rain and the last 10 years being very hot most of the year I can not understand why a bit of wind is so much of a problem why its all part of riding a bike I am 6.3in and have no  problem with the stock screen' doc.
I believe you are right, I have only a 10 months of riding experience, but a BIT of wind? May be when you are riding once a week in Thailand's mountains where air is fresh, clean and has a low pressure and your speed is less than 40 mph then yes, a bit of wind. In case of everyday riding in the busy city with many short jumps through highway, I can say, you will get a lot of wind and dirty turbulent air from the thousand of trucks, SUVs, pickups and vans. I have never rode with effective screen and this is a reason why I am waiting for any (good or bad) reports from madstad users. If it was a real "bit of wind" it is not problem at all. One day I feel fun and comfort, second day a lot of winds from the ocean and I am like a sail after 20 minutes feel a strange whistle noises in my ears after arriving at work.

After all of your comments, I think I have bought a wrong helmet. I like wind in my face too but after 35-40mph the love is over and I close my helmet and hear only wind noise it is cool for 15 minutes but after 40 it is became a little boring
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:07:50 AM by ogri »

Offline mikestib1

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, CTX700N
  • City / Town: BLUE RIDGE MTNS
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
Wind in your face is great under 60 mph for an hour but at 70 mph on the interstate and passing 18 wheelers tires me out after 100 miles. By the way I've owned 40 bikes and ridden for 49 years. A good helmet and ear plugs are the first step. Windshields can help keeping the wind off your upper body but often increase wind noise. Below 45 degrees, some wind protection lets you ride year round, without freezing.
Bikes I wish I kept; 93 CBR900rr, 87 HD FXRse, 03 Tri Speed4, 04 Guzzi V11 Sport, 88 Honda CB-1.

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
after 49 years the wind is still a problem wow.? why

Offline mikestib1

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, CTX700N
  • City / Town: BLUE RIDGE MTNS
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »
Guess you need to be right. Thought I was clear on the why. You win
Bikes I wish I kept; 93 CBR900rr, 87 HD FXRse, 03 Tri Speed4, 04 Guzzi V11 Sport, 88 Honda CB-1.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage