Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 278193 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2015, 04:25:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by mikestib1 [+]
You may want to look at Palmer Products, UK based but ship worldwide. They supply adjustable brackets that allow you to raise the stock windshield and also change the angle. Got a set and will install them next week. Very well made and their customer support is great. They shipped mine airmail and got them in 10 days.
When you fit them please post pictures and if they do any good   I guess they work like the Bruudt brackets
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Tas

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: White CB500X
  • City / Town: Hobart
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »
Im summarizing touring windscreens here, ignoring screen shorter than the Givi such as Ermax or Tall Honda screen both only 3 inches higher than stock. Feel free to add to my list or correct any errors:

Height over stock in Inches, Price ex postage, Acryllic or Polycarbonate

H       $    AP
6.3  121.5      Givi D1121ST
6.5  120         Puig Vario
7.0  250    P    Madstad (including side fairing screens)
8.0  207    P    NationalCycle
11   185    A   CalSci

So being 6'3" tall Im leaning to the CalSci if I do decide to get a taller screen. At moment Im on the stock screen on low setting. Im guessing the Givi and Puig are Acryllc but not sure.

Offline ngling

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Rockhampton
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2015, 11:08:08 AM »
Madstad comes in 2 sizes, 18 inch and 22 inch, but I think they will make other sizes if you ask them.

Offline Tas

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: White CB500X
  • City / Town: Hobart
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »
18 or 20 inch according to the Madstad website so I took the 20 as being 7 over the stock 13inch height.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2015, 04:50:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by mikestib1 [+]
You may want to look at Palmer Products, UK based but ship worldwide. They supply adjustable brackets that allow you to raise the stock windshield and also change the angle. Got a set and will install them next week. Very well made and their customer support is great. They shipped mine airmail and got them in 10 days.
So what happened to your review
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:16 AM »
Sound off i have been riding motor cycles since the 60s and when you ride a bike you get wind. o  dear i have to spend lots of money to change the  windscreens bullsh#te  i have never changed a screen for years if you can not put up with a wind noise buy a car wind in your hair is all about riding motor cycles i know i will get some flack for saying this but if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Get a good helmet and a set of ear plugs problem solved and most of the windscreens posted by members don't seem to work.doc :192:

Offline Tonto

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Right now?......
  • City / Town: Mae Taeng
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by crazy doctor [+]
Sound off i have been riding motor cycles since the 60s and when you ride a bike you get wind. o  dear i have to spend lots of money to change the  windscreens bullsh#te  i have never changed a screen for years if you can not put up with a wind noise buy a car wind in your hair is all about riding motor cycles i know i will get some flack for saying this but if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Get a good helmet and a set of ear plugs problem solved and most of the windscreens posted by members don't seem to work.doc :192:

Gotta say Doc, right up till I got this X, (Aug last year, there about) I would have agreed with you 110% mate. I've mainly ridden dirt bikes, so no screen to worry about there! But my last road bike was Aprilia Tuono 1000, I lived in North Wales and rode the crap out of that thing, no screen.

But, I put a taller 'Givi' screen on this X......Sorry to say but, 'I likey'......I do wear a motocross helmet though, (that visor does grab hand-fulls of wind)
Have to say as well mate, I never liked the idea of hydraulic disc brakes or full suspension for mountain bikes till I tried them.....and Heated grips.....The stuff of Katoys..lol......Till I tried them, (back in the UK of course, put a set on my last bike there)

So, bottom line, I'm on the fence a little on this, I do tend to do more longer rides here and the screen is good, but if I was still doing Sunday blast and stop type riding, I wouldn't bother. But be careful with the never say never.
Life's a journey.........Not a destination....I think!

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2015, 11:10:51 AM »
Fair comment Tonto but i go to bike meetings all over Thailand on the the x and now the 650f with a small screen and its no problem at 6f .3in tall but i will pass on the heated grips doc . :002:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:19:51 AM by crazy doctor »

Offline Grim Rider

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Codsall
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tas [+]
Im summarizing touring windscreens here, ignoring screen shorter than the Givi such as Ermax or Tall Honda screen both only 3 inches higher than stock. Feel free to add to my list or correct any errors:

Height over stock in Inches, Price ex postage, Acryllic or Polycarbonate

H       $    AP
6.3  121.5      Givi D1121ST
6.5  120         Puig Vario
7.0  250    P    Madstad (including side fairing screens)
8.0  207    P    NationalCycle
11   185    A   CalSci

So being 6'3" tall Im leaning to the CalSci if I do decide to get a taller screen. At moment Im on the stock screen on low setting. Im guessing the Givi and Puig are Acryllc but not sure.

MRA Vario -- will measure it next time I am in garage, but best screens I have used (third bike I have fitted one to); cost me 89 inc. postage

as here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MRA-Honda-CB500X-2013-onwards-Adjustable-Vario-Touring-Screen-Grey-/321671061718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae516e0d6
2017 BMW RnineT Racer S; 2001 BMW R1150 GSA; 1990 BMW K1; 1998 Suzuki DR350S; 1978 Laverda Jarama; 1977 Honda Camino;1962 AJS 250 CSR
www.thegrimrider.com
www.bldr.moonfruit.com

Offline VKnid

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
I've had two rides with the National Cycle VStream Touring and love it. The stock shield threw turbulent and LOUD air right at the side of the helmet. Ear plugs helped, but if I stood up there was no noise, so I blame the stock shield. This touring shield is dead quiet. I think it will work great for winter and long distance riding. Will probably try no shield or moving the stock sheild down with the two top mounting holes on the lowest bracket in the summer.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage