Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 286680 times)

Offline Muttley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »
+1 for the MRA Vario. No buffeting. Some wind noise, but earplugs sort it.
M

Offline VKnid

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by crazy doctor [+]
Fair comment Tonto but i go to bike meetings all over Thailand on the the x and now the 650f with a small screen and its no problem at 6f .3in tall but i will pass on the heated grips doc . :002:

Doc, do you think that your height might be giving you an advantage? With a short or no screen, your helmet probably stays up in the clean air, while us vertically challenged are down in the turbulence?

Offline andybeeone

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500X SV1000S
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2015, 02:58:18 PM »
Doc I'm with you, it's a bike, you WILL get affected by airflow.

Offline slug

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »
I've just added a small spoiler to mine like the top part of a mra screen, transformed the bike instead of getting the howling noise above 40mph now I get a smooth airflow sound, by the way I stilll use earplugs, got it off fleabay for 45 and to me looks ok on the bike.

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »
Not being as tall as doc (5'6") I found that removing the windscreen and braces worked well for me. 

I am in a less warm climate than doc, but, it is still arid and year-round riding, so I'm fine with no windscreen and unheated grips.
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline fabio

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
I mounted the Givi, but I'm not happy with it. It feel a lot of buffeting shacking my helmet from about 80km/h and above. I also succeeded in reducing the turbolence by:
1) moving the screen to the lower position
2) rising the two lower bolts using two spacers (about 2cm tall) to allow clean air to flow even behind the screen.
(By the way, I find the screen to be too high and uncomfortable even for watching at the road if installed in the upper position, so I would install it in the lower position anyway).
I'm about 180cm tall.
However, I guess the wrong shape of the Givi could be the source of turbolence. Looking at the screen from the side, it is shaped the opposite way of the stock one. That is, while stock is more "vertical" in the middle, then turns more "horizontal" at the top, on the contrary the Givi makes the opposite, so that air flow behind the screen "disrupts" in an odd way when reaching the top of the screen where the screen suddenly ends. At least this is my impression.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2015, 06:49:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by sunnybankroar [+]
Really happy with the puig windscreen for longer HWY rides and I am 5'11"
Would like a little update still liking it we are the same height  have you tried both up&down to see any different
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline bgagnon

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: GSXS-1000F
  • City / Town: Quebec City
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »
Hi all,
I just placed an order for "BRUUDT Windscreen Adjusters fort the Honda CB500 X" http://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p231_bruudt-windscreen-adjusters-for-the-honda-nc700-s-and-nc750-s.html

I will be using the stock windshield and will report back when I start riding. The added space between the fairing and the windscreen will probably be enough to reduce some wind turbulence. I will hopefully be able to find an height adjustment for my small height (5'7").

../Bruno

F800GT, CB500X sold to my GF (she loves it)

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2015, 02:17:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by bgagnon [+]
Hi all,
I just placed an order for "BRUUDT Windscreen Adjusters fort the Honda CB500 X" http://www.bruudtcnc.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p231_bruudt-windscreen-adjusters-for-the-honda-nc700-s-and-nc750-s.html

I will be using the stock windshield and will report back when I start riding. The added space between the fairing and the windscreen will probably be enough to reduce some wind turbulence. I will hopefully be able to find an height adjustment for my small height (5'7").

../Bruno

The ones you link to are for the NC700/750.Will they work on our CB500X?
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline Tas

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: White CB500X
  • City / Town: Hobart
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2015, 03:42:20 AM »
Im a cheap skate and just ordered this cheap spoiler to clamp onto my stock screen:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-Moto-motobike-Windshield-Windscreen-Transparent-Spoiler-Shield-CC-/291398715958?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item43d8b78a36

If it doesnt work out it wont have marked my stock screen and wont have costed much. Its coming up to winter here now so be nice to have less cool air on me but not essential.

Recent Topics