Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 286788 times)

Offline Chippy jon

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cullompton
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2015, 10:27:08 PM »
 :028: :460:

Offline grnd0

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 CB500X
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2015, 12:59:35 AM »
118 screen for sale. $70. shipped USA only. Like
new. PayPal

Offline MCH500X

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Armstrong, BC
« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by crazy doctor [+]
windshields this windscreen that windscreen i'm 6 foot tall i'm 5.4  4 foot tall and so and so on this subject is the most talked about it so boring you ride a naked bike you will get wind you are out in the open air. what happens when it rains what umbrella do you use a big one  a red one so riding you will get wind and get wet when it rains . ITs called motorcycling and its fun err!! end off rant  doc  sorry if upset any one in advance.

Hahaha! You're not crazy after all. I too don't understand the wind buffering fuss. I ride to experience my environment. When I don't want to experience that, I take my car. Heat, cup holders, loud music etc.

Offline fireflyer239

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »
Spacing the stock shield out just 1/4" made a huge difference for me.  Previously, the wind was buffeting and hitting me under the chin.  Raising the shield to the upper position moved the "wind line" up to my face shield area.  After spacing 1/4" to allow more air under the shield and using the upper position, there's just smooth air going past my face shield.  If I lower my head at mid- to high speeds, things will get quieter, which tells me that perhaps the ultimate setup may be a taller screen, also spaced out a bit from the mounts. 

Offline gamerbfk

• CB500X Member
  • Ride and Stay Alive!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Pinetop-Lakeside
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2015, 01:48:01 AM »
SIX MONTHS AGO I posted on this thread about getting my windshield. -- I'm really glad I got it.

Last week got unexpectedly caught in a hail storm. Our weather can come up fast.
THIS STORM led to a new thing, for me. I shifted my riding position like I was a jockey on a horse (not upright) and really leaned into the windshield, as close as possible.

It was great. It really keep the hail from hitting me hard. I feel like it 'saved the day' 

(Although I was certainly cold and wet when I got home).

I'm really enjoying the Honda CBX500! Nice  see all the cool and inventive add-ons here on this thread and others, read the stories, etc.

Here I got the bike because I liked the upright riding position (and other reasons). Now I'm riding it like a jockey, leaning into the windshield!
Ride and Stay Alive!

Offline Handypete

• CB500X Pro
  • Enjoy life every day!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Red 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Chicoutimi, QC
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
windshields this windscreen that windscreen i'm 6 foot tall i'm 5.4  4 foot tall and so and so on this subject is the most talked about it so boring you ride a naked bike you will get wind you are out in the open air. what happens when it rains what umbrella do you use a big one  a red one so riding you will get wind and get wet when it rains . ITs called motorcycling and its fun err!! end off rant  doc  sorry if upset any one in advance.

:186:  I'm sure that felt good to get it off your shoulders . . . :047:
__pete

Offline gamerbfk

• CB500X Member
  • Ride and Stay Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 12, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »
Humm...I accept the APOLOGY IN ADVANCE of recent post (above) but still do wonder why someone would go to a thread about Windshield Options and make a big deal of how they don't like windshields!?

Do you also go to Vegan stores, or something like that, and tell people they should eat Raw Meat?

Ride naked for all I care. But maybe your self-promoted, vaunted rugged individualism deserves it's own thread.
It seems very juvenile.

:186:  THIS felt good to get it off my shoulders . . . :047:
Ride and Stay Alive!

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #407 on: November 12, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »
I have the 118bikes windshield which is just a dark tinted version of the Givi with Honda across the bottom.I had it on the low position and did a solid 100miles with speeds up to 80mph.Anything above 50mph was unbearable.I could feel the buffeting and pressure on the back of my helmet real bad.There must have been a pressure drop, or something, inside my helmet.My ear plugs kept popping out.I've never had that happen, ever.I have since upped the windshield to the upper position.I haven't been able to ride yet.I was installing my Seat Concepts kit yesterday,and realized at the last moment,that I didn't have any staples that were the right length.I hope to pick some up next week.I leave tomorrow to go out of town for the weekend, with my girlfriend and our kid.My specs for reference, 5'8" 29 inch inseam,maybe 28".I am long in the body and short in the legs.I sit on the bike like someone that is 5'10" tall.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2015, 04:26:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by gamerbfk [+]
Humm...I accept the APOLOGY IN ADVANCE of recent post (above) but still do wonder why someone would go to a thread about Windshield Options and make a big deal of how they don't like windshields!?

Do you also go to Vegan stores, or something like that, and tell people they should eat Raw Meat?

Ride naked for all I care. But maybe your self-promoted, vaunted rugged individualism deserves it's own thread.
It seems very juvenile.

I'm glad that your shoulders are lighter.

Riding with no windscreen is a "free" option for people who cannot find a suitable windscreen.  Reminding folks that there is this option doesn't harm anyone.  Finally, some of us are just cheap!   :150:
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline gamerbfk

• CB500X Member
  • Ride and Stay Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2015, 05:27:54 AM »
@ jsonder -- [And the No Windshield advocates] I was more responding to the recent post by Crazy Doctor...our site's PCP.

But because of your Reply and now reading back a few pages I do see, though, you are an advocate of No Windshield.

I still wonder why you feel the need to tell us your No Windshield opinion as an alleged 'option' on a thread where almost everyone is looking to get a windshield and considering the options of what they should buy.
[/u]
Plus, some of these No Windshield posts have a slightly annoying attitude: Real Men Don't Need Windshields. Riding Naked Is the Only Way to Go, etc.

It seems being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian; sort of like an Internet troll.

ALSO
I don't know if your recent pleas of poverty are sincere. Is it a fabrication to invoke sympathy and your now rationale?
Looking at the photos of your Naked Bike I happen to notice a nice set of matching saddle bags. And, of course, you have a nice Honda. That's not too poor.

From your Naked Bike photos (except for the nice bags) it would seem you're not as 'cheap' as you say you are.

As far our your nice set of matching saddle bags, btw, it my view: Real Men don't need bags. Just sit on your luggage or stuff it under your jacked.Balance stuff on your head.. That's how I feel about matching saddle bags on a bike and I wanted to be sure to let you know.

Whenever I see another rider with matching saddle bags I tell them my views. It's what adults do.

But now that I think about your views more, let 'em sink in...I'm actually inspired by all your posts. Next week there is a community meeting to encourage Voter Registration.

I think I will attend and tell everyone: Voting is a waste of time!

Yes...I'm actually inspired by all your posts, now that I think about it. After the community political meeting,  Sunday I think I will go to church, stand up and shout. "There is no God!'

Real Men Don't Vote. Real Men are Atheist. Real Men Ride Naked Bikes (without matching saddlebags). That's just how I feel about it.

And now inspired...I feel the need to tell the political voters my views of their rigged, waste of time elections, and tell the church-going believers they'd be better off praying to Santa Claus... and go to a thread about Windshield options and tell people not to buy any windshields at all...then, of course, go to a Motorcycle Saddle Bag Options thread and tell everyone there Real Men Don't Need Saddle Bags..

(Note: Some sarcasm intended in these final words).

But, for sure, I'm going to the gym and tell people they shouldn't use any flotation devices.  -- Real Men (& Woman) have to learn to sink or swim.

This could be the start of a very liberating trend.

:150:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:43:22 AM by gamerbfk »
Ride and Stay Alive!

Recent Topics