Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 286673 times)

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 sandy 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #410 on: November 13, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »
I have been riding for almost 53 years with only bikes as my means of personal transport of which I have owned over 80. These have been of a very varied type and size. These days I prefer to ride with a screen and I don't think that it makes me any lesser rider or man. My wife who has been riding almost as long (also no car licence) prefers her Honda Hornet ( Honda 599) to be naked.
My point is that some prefer to ride with a screen and others a  naked bike. Neither is right or wrong just different. To suggest that either is more or less of a person than the other to my mind is completely unacceptable.
I might just add to say only real men ride naked bikes is also sexist and as such is also unacceptable as their are also lady riders out there
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline Handypete

• CB500X Pro
  • Enjoy life every day!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Red 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Chicoutimi, QC
« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
I have been riding for almost 53 years with only bikes as my means of personal transport of which I have owned over 80

Dude, you don't need Honda "X", you need a Honda Civic!   (They come equipped with radios, cupholders and as a standard feature, windscreens!)

Here's one for the hardcore biker:  :821:
__pete

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2015, 03:41:29 PM »
Holy crap  this post has gone over the deep end  I don't see what's the big deal  some like shields some don't  some shields work some don't  every one is just expressing their opinion and sharing  I thought that is what were here for  maybe not  my self I had a shield than went naked now another kind of shield that works FOR ME  as personal as a windshield is how can one person tell another he is wrong  again don't see what's the big deal
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Muttley

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #413 on: November 13, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Handypete [+]
Dude, you don't need Honda "X", you need a Honda Civic.

Dude, maybe you need to live and let live a little.

Here's one for the Civic owners  :821:
M

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 sandy 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
« Reply #414 on: November 13, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Handypete [+]
Dude, you don't need Honda "X", you need a Honda Civic!   (They come equipped with radios, cupholders and as a standard feature, windscreens!)

Here's one for the hardcore biker:  :821:
As I have survived nearly 69 years without a car licence. I really take exception to your comment. Until my accident 2 years I rode all the year round in the lat 15 years commuting 75 miles a day despite the fact that I had free train travel and the train stopped literally outside my office.
I would have thought that this qualifies me as a genuine biker.
Maybe this forum isn't as friendly as I thought
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline Grim Rider

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Codsall
« Reply #415 on: November 13, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
I would have thought that this qualifies me as a genuine biker.
Maybe this forum isn't as friendly as I thought

It definitely does my friend - don't let one thoughtless comment affect your opinion of everyone here (although some of us can be idiots at times too  :002:).
2017 BMW RnineT Racer S; 2001 BMW R1150 GSA; 1990 BMW K1; 1998 Suzuki DR350S; 1978 Laverda Jarama; 1977 Honda Camino;1962 AJS 250 CSR
www.thegrimrider.com
www.bldr.moonfruit.com

Offline ngling

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Rockhampton
« Reply #416 on: November 14, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
This thread has gone right off the rails. I could care less if you use a windshield or not, and I suspect that I am not the only one who feels this way. Instead of slinging mud at each other, how about we get back to posting constructive comments.

Offline Tas

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: White CB500X
  • City / Town: Hobart
« Reply #417 on: November 14, 2015, 03:30:35 AM »
Be interested to see if the new 2016 model has an improved stock screen. Seems more vertical than our old model, which is different from what I did to mine by adding spacers at the bottom to make it less vertical.

Some like me commute all year round in rain and cold so some sort of screen is nice. If I only rode in fair weather or lived somewhere where it was 100 degrees year round and no big bugs a screen would be less important!

Offline crazy doctor

• CB500X God
  • crazy doctor
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-x black
  • City / Town: chok chai
« Reply #418 on: November 14, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »
Winscreen to have or to have not that is up to the rider .what he or she wants .If we all thought the same all bikes would look  the same not worth falling out over it is an open forum to air our opinions The 2016 model does have a new screen larger than the old one and looks better the new model has some good inprovements .

Offline Grim Rider

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Codsall
« Reply #419 on: November 14, 2015, 07:26:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by ngling [+]
This thread has gone right off the rails. I could care less if you use a windshield or not, and I suspect that I am not the only one who feels this way. Instead of slinging mud at each other, how about we get back to posting constructive comments.
:047:
2017 BMW RnineT Racer S; 2001 BMW R1150 GSA; 1990 BMW K1; 1998 Suzuki DR350S; 1978 Laverda Jarama; 1977 Honda Camino;1962 AJS 250 CSR
www.thegrimrider.com
www.bldr.moonfruit.com

Recent Topics