Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 278180 times)

Offline HerrDeacon

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X ABS
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2016, 12:55:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
On the bike... kinda liking the glare reduction during the day and also at night from the headlight.

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw your first pictures earlier today, could really help. Have to say, it really looks sharp, especially on the white bike. I have some Plastidip left over, may have to give it a try on mine. Thanks for posting.
'14 CB500X / '82 MB5 / '78 XL250S / '72 CB350

Riding Through the Fog

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »
Since I have learned so much from this forum thanks to you all .... the least I can do is contribute.

Sidenote : The more I ride the bike with this windshield configuration, the more I think the windshield angle (by bending the brackets back-no spacers) has made most of the difference. There is enough movement available in the brackets that after bending them back they can be actually be bent closer together creating more of a rounded shape to the windshield creating more of an updraft under the windshield since the center is further away from the instrument binnacle then the sides. The windshield itself is pretty malleable and not as stiff as it initially seems, just make sure it's warm and don't attempt it when it's cold and don't over do it !
 Again.. thanks for the appreciation. :002:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2016, 04:29:37 AM »
Before you bent them back  did you remove the shield and ride it to see where the wind hits you and now where it hits you
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
Yes I did. At this angle and lenght it's about the same as no windshield. It hits me about the chin area. If I make the wind shield more vertical the air becomes rougher. The air is cleaner at the lower height setting. Lots of bugs on the face shield. Smooth clean air , no change as speed increases, no buffeting. Do not try and bend the brackets with the windshield on them. 5'9" w/ 29" inseam.

Offline Dave1899

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Gainesville, FL
« Reply #494 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:11 AM »
OK after 71 pages I haven't seen if anyone has tried a MRA Sport Spoiler on a stock windscreen. Maybe I missed it. :211:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
Yes I did. At this angle and lenght it's about the same as no windshield. It hits me about the chin area. If I make the wind shield more vertical the air becomes rougher. The air is cleaner at the lower height setting. Lots of bugs on the face shield. Smooth clean air , no change as speed increases, no buffeting. Do not try and bend the brackets with the windshield on them. 5'9" w/ 29" inseam.
I sawed mine off 6 months ago and mounted a shield on the handle bars  works great 
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline jgunsett

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 13, 2016, 04:44:21 AM »
I tried a Puig spoiler (very similar to the MRA) on my stock shield in the high position, and it reduced the windnoise and buffeting substantially.  Then I replaced the stock shield with a Cal-Sci and now I'm riding in relative silence.  BTW, I'm 6'1". 

Offline Dave1899

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X Black
  • City / Town: Gainesville, FL
« Reply #497 on: January 13, 2016, 05:21:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by jgunsett [+]
I tried a Puig spoiler (very similar to the MRA) on my stock shield in the high position, and it reduced the windnoise and buffeting substantially.  Then I replaced the stock shield with a Cal-Sci and now I'm riding in relative silence.  BTW, I'm 6'1".
Did you get the Cal-Sci Medium or Honda stock and are you using it without the Puig Spoiler? I just got a Givi D1121ST from a friend and it's OK but I'd like something a little better.

Offline jgunsett

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2016, 03:06:08 AM »
It's the Cal Sci Medium and I'm using it without the Puig Spoiler.  I'm thinking about selling my CB500x (it's just not working for me ergonomically) so I'll probably be selling the Cal Sci shield.  Let me know if you're interested.

Offline selftaught

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2016, 04:30:12 AM »
PM sent

Recent Topics