Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 278154 times)

Offline xihadd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X '14
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by marktbike [+]
Being 189 cm tall and not really protected by the original plexiglas of my 2015 X, I thought I could give the 2016 screen a go, as the USA price is so low. Well, I just found out that for the same part, in Italy, you have to fork out 124 euros! Please someone explain the mystery of Honda policies about spare parts!

try: http://www.internationalmotoparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/568d48ac87a8661554ae7aa4/upper-cover-windscreen

76Euros including shipping to malta
'14 CB500X
'11 G650GS
'02 DT125LC

Offline marktbike

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: Alcamo
« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »
Thanks...I'm just pondering about taking it or the GiVi one...I think I'll dig the subject some more and then decide

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #602 on: April 07, 2016, 12:19:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by marktbike [+]
Thanks...I'm just pondering about taking it or the GiVi one...I think I'll dig the subject some more and then decide

Let me know what you decide -I'm in the same position.

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 sandy 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
« Reply #603 on: April 07, 2016, 01:04:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grim Rider [+]
I would disassociate myself from that statement - it is a term used by sensationalist journalists to describe situations in which they can identify elements which seem unfair or unreasonable - but I object to it as a blanket description of this fine and historic country which I am proud to live in (mini-rant over  :001:).

Higher taxes on most essential things Essential services such as gas and electric sold off and then charged extortionate am mounts to the extent that pensioners who have worked all their lives and in some cases fought for this country die because they can't afford both heat and food.
A country where those injured whilst fighting for it are cast aside and left to rely on charity. My daughter in law an ex American service woman is treated with far more respect in the USA than our ex service personnel are
A country where a government is prepared to see industries die.
A country where we pay for a health service yet more aspects are then charged for it again
A country where you pay to use the roads that these roads are allowed to fall into disrepair to the extent that the condition of them become a risk to the lives of those that use them
A country where the PM uses 9 million of tax payers money to pulicise his personal propoganda.
Not a rip off country you must be joking
A country that a few years ago introduced imprisonment without trial for some of it's subjects who happened to live in one certain part of it. No I'm afraid we don't have much to be proud of these days
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:24:35 PM by Rocker66 »
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline marktbike

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: Alcamo
« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
Hey, I was just getting to the end of your post when I realized you were not talking about Italy! So bad...

Offline Elgmat

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »
I just bought a 2015 cb500x, and I'm having trouble with exessive wind and noise. Just like many others. I'm 187 and slim buildt. I've read most of the post on this thread, and it seems like the 2016 original windscreen is getting a lot of praise. I think it looks a bit scooterish. Just like the givi windshield. The MRA has more of a touring look. But in the end its the price and effect that matters the most.

So have I read you right when I guess that you guys prefer the 2016 original screen over the MRA?

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #606 on: April 10, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Elgmat [+]
I just bought a 2015 cb500x, and I'm having trouble with exessive wind and noise. Just like many others. I'm 187 and slim buildt. I've read most of the post on this thread, and it seems like the 2016 original windscreen is getting a lot of praise. I think it looks a bit scooterish. Just like the givi windshield. The MRA has more of a touring look. But in the end its the price and effect that matters the most.

So have I read you right when I guess that you guys prefer the 2016 original screen over the MRA?

I think I'm going for the Givi as it's available for 55 from Italy.

Online jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »
Elgmat:  If you do not plan on riding long distances year round, you could try the free solution first, and remove the windscreen and see if that eliminates the turbulence.  I'm considerably shorter, but long waisted and found that no screen worked best for me.  I toured 3200 miles in two weeks on the bike last summer and didn't miss the windscreen except during a brief hailstorm.
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #608 on: April 10, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »
Too many people bought the Givi and hated it, including me. I think the 2016 screen is a no brainier @ $46.00. I also bought a used stock windshield and cut it down 3-4" . That works too but not much protection.

Offline Elgmat

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 11, 2016, 08:18:42 AM »
I ride about 70 km every day, commuting to work. It rains alot, so no windshield is not a good solution.

Recent Topics