Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Windshield Options  (Read 278153 times)

Offline hyperpete

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Windshield Options
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
Yes, I too have a Shark Evo, very much noisier, but my fav is the BMWsystem6 which is quite good, also occasionally use Arai XD which is quite good with wind!
I got myself a box of earplugs at a previous job, cost near 10c a set so I'll never be short of having them on hand  :008:
but, despite the wind factor, most everything else on the X excels so it's just a minor side effect in the big picture.
:002:

*Originally Posted by Xch [+]
Same results here, 178 cm tall using Shark Evo 3 or Icon Variant ADV helmet. Shark is noisier.

Offline whitey1

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »
Any testing on the Madstadts?

Offline GsVs

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2014, 01:20:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by whitey1 [+]
Any testing on the Madstadts?

I should have a MadStad set-up for the CB500X by the weekend - will report back once I get some miles behind it.

Offline maXimillian

• CB500X Member
  • ride safely
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
  • City / Town: Khanom, Nakhon S
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
I wasn't pleased with the stock windshield as my helmet started to flutter at the speed of 80 to 90 km/h due to turbulences behind the screen. Got better when riding beyond 90 km/h. Found a simple and cost free solution to this problem.
I put the small stock shield in it's highest position, inserted - where the four screws were - four distance holders of approx. 2.5 cm. Instead of putting the screws back, I used cable straps instead. They are more flexible than screws and very easy to attach.
First test ride: No more turbulences at all. Big impovement.
BTW, I am 170 cm tall.
Long live the biker

Offline Utilimuter

• CB500X Member
  • Utilitarian Commuter
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Shreveport, LA
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
I use my X for weekend commutes of about 750 miles. With the speeds I typically travel, I was looking for as much adjustable coverage as I could get. This is the Givi screen with the MRA Xcreen sport. This set up works very well. Keeps things as quiet and smooth as you can get on a motorcycle this size.

Offline Kooch11

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:42 AM »
Hello guys and gals, I'm going to kill two birds with one stone. Bought a new 13 a few days ago. 70 mile trip home and it was obvious I need a a different windscreen.. I'm looking at the MRA touring  vs MRA X screen. Comments? The X-creen is on a 6 week back order

Offline phildownunder

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2014, 03:16:07 AM »
Received and fitted the Puig Touring screen this week. Very good so far although only tested to 70kmh. Will take it out properly this weekend to check out performance on higher speeds. Have updated the "Windscreen photos" thread with some images.

Offline Kooch11

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by phildownunder [+]
Received and fitted the Puig Touring screen this week. Very good so far although only tested to 70kmh. Will take it out properly this weekend to check out performance on higher speeds. Have updated the "Windscreen photos" thread with some images.

I look forward to your report on higher speeds as the speed limit here on the interstate is 75MPH.

Offline GsVs

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:30 AM »
Below are some pics of the New CB500X MadStad Windscreen System
Just like the systems that have made for other bikes - It Just Plain Works

The quote below off of their WEB page pretty much sums it up

http://www.madstad.com/

Fixed shields simply can't compare to our adjustable system which adapts to everyone regardless of height or riding position. It eliminates turbulence by eliminating the vacuum behind the shield. You get smooth airflow that you can adjust precisely for your particular height and riding position.

Add to that the Wind Deflectors that attach to the top of the side fairing panels which help deflect and smooth the airflow from the bottom.   I tested the system without the side wind deflectors first -- then added them and tested again. 
The wind deflectors really do improve on a already great windscreen system. 

The final version of the windscreen will have a different cut to better follow the lines of the CB500X.
= = =

= = =

= = =

= = =

= = =

Offline whitey1

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2014, 05:33:31 AM »
Hey GsVs, thanks for the pics! Is that your bike? I didn't see any CB500X's on Madstadt's page.

I am looking forward to a report from you. I would be surprised if this isn't the best option for this, or most, bikes.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage