Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Panniers  (Read 525 times)

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RRL1
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: Panniers
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 01:24:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by dubber68 [+]
Well I offered up the magadans today and it looks like they will not fit. Dam. Love those bags but probably need to look into alternatives. I have loads of hard panniers sat in the garage so might just get racks and use them. I'm not giving up on the magadans just yet though, just need to use my imagination.

They look like great panniers. I really like the idea of having the layer outside and then the drybags inside that can be pulled. Interested to see how you make out in the end.

Offline jojojones

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 01:49:52 AM »
hold on there partner...you should be able to make them work with 1 or 2 heat shields and some ingenuity.  I am exploring many types of bags but ultimately I want rackless and light weight.  Mosko Moto makes the best (I had an R80) but not lightest.  Here is my (in progress) worksheet.

I think you can make anything work....maybe a removable aluminum bar or even bungie cord from pillion pegs to rear rack can help.  No weight of racks for me.  Right now if I had to choose then it's dirtsack then enduristan but I want to try to make the d28s work without a rack.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:52:01 AM by jojojones »

Offline Lysdexic

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 02:42:30 AM »
Givi top box and 25l waterproof bags. Monokey release lets me grab the whole mess by the handle and carry. After the bungee cords come off, of course ;)

Offline dubber68

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: LOTS OF BIKES
  • City / Town: CHESTERFIELD
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 10:09:23 AM »
I really like the weight low and forward on my trips. I normally run front and rear soft panniers, a small drybag across the pillion seat and a tank bag. I have other options in the garage like the jofoma over the seat bags and various hard panniers but the magadans just suit my use being both light and secure.

Recent Topics