Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Will a 2019 front cast wheel fit on a 2016 with the level 2 suspension  (Read 347 times)

Offline kpchoe1

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500x RR
  • City / Town: Gainesville, FL
Hello,

I'm pretty sure that I want a level 2 suspension on a 2016 that I'm purchasing.  In thinking about wheel options, I'm curious if the axle, spacers, bearings, etc from the new 2019 ABS front wheel would retrofit a 2016 with ABS.

Thank you

Offline Rally Raid

• Approved Forum Vendor
    • View Profile
No, bearing widths are narrower, abs sensor would not line up and disc would need spacing out to meet caliper

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
*Originally Posted by kpchoe1 [+]
Hello,

I'm pretty sure that I want a level 2 suspension on a 2016 that I'm purchasing.  In thinking about wheel options, I'm curious if the axle, spacers, bearings, etc from the new 2019 ABS front wheel would retrofit a 2016 with ABS.

Thank you

sounds like a trip to the machine shop based on the above response...anything can be made  to fit; just depends how much of an arse it is to achieve, and whether it's worth the outlay

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
sounds like a trip to the machine shop based on the above response...anything can be made  to fit; just depends how much of an arse it is to achieve, and whether it's worth the outlay

This has been discussed on other threads and other forums before...

If you had a non-ABS bike, then quite possibly if you also fitted the fork lowers from a 2019 bike along with the wheel and the axle and spacers, and the disc (since the 2019 bike has a 310mm disc, not a 320mm disc the 2013-18 had) then you'd probably get it all to fit - but you need to look at the cost of all those 2019 parts from Honda (since there will be very few if any secondhand/crashed examples available yet).

If it's an ABS version though, it's probably a non-starter since the ABS ring on the new bike is such a dramatically different size/number of holes, that the ECU of the 2019 bikes will have a different program in it.

There is also the cosmetic issue that the 2013-18 cast wheels and 2019-on cast wheels have a different spoke pattern. That might not matter to some people, but personally I think it would look a bit crap.

Jenny x

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline kpchoe1

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500x RR
  • City / Town: Gainesville, FL
It sounds like it's more of a hassle than it's worth.  Thank you.

Recent Topics