Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wind\buffeting noise 2019 500x  (Read 2983 times)

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Wind\buffeting noise 2019 500x
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2019, 03:45:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Perfictsib [+]
heres one mans fix for buffeting on the 2019 model not in English but you get the idea.

Great find and thanks for sharing. :821:

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 white 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2019, 04:48:21 PM »
I find the screen noisy but the buffeting not too bad at all.
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline Jerry

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 10:39:08 AM »
Has anyone tried the bike with no screen at all?

Offline garry h

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
This sorted the buffeting on my 2018
can't see any reason why it would not work fine on a 19

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 01:42:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by garry h [+]
This sorted the buffeting on my 2018
can't see any reason why it would not work fine on a 19

There's a problem for the rest of us though, unless you're going to start making them for us...

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jerry [+]
Has anyone tried the bike with no screen at all?
Yes I tried that on a 2014-- not good. the body work is made for a shield all the air was concentrated and hit me right in the face
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by bdg [+]
I installed a MRA X-Creen Touring clamp-on extension to my stock 2017 screen.  I hadn't heard of them except for this forum - thanks!

I am roughly 6'2" and even with the stock screen raised as high as possible there was a lot of wind directed in my eyes for any speeds above, say, 75km/hr.  I'd always addressed this by putting down my visor....  but I remember driving a CB500 Custom (1982) with a full screen and there was almost no wind on me as a driver and this would always be my preference.

I currently have the X-Creen in a fully extended up configuration.  It definitely helps.  In this arrangement, I am able to keep my visor up at speeds of 80km/hr.   Is it perfect?  I would say no.... but definitely an improvement to comfort.

The X-Creen seems stable on the screen as well - and is easy to adjust.

Brian

Do you have a picture of this fitted to your bike? The blurb suggests that the factory screen on the X isn't wide enough.

Offline davea

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: plymouth
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »
I'm 5"9 used to be 5"10 don't know how that's happened, I get a little buffeting on my 19 on the low setting, its not horrendous though, I am going to try mine on the higher position

Offline Doro

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2019, 08:33:45 AM »
I bought an Aprilia Falco the other week. One of the reviews I read of it mentioned that the windscreen and fairing look a lot like all the other bikes, but for some reason they work really well on the Aprilia. What I noticed was there is a baffle down around the forks at the bottom of the front fairing. And it's got good wind protection. I really do think it's due to the baffle. Makes the gap between the screen and the body on the CB seem irrelevant when you think about how much air gets blasted up the open forks shaft.

*Originally Posted by Perfictsib [+]
heres one mans fix for buffeting on the 2019 model not in English but you get the idea.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doro [+]
I bought an Aprilia Falco the other week. One of the reviews I read of it mentioned that the windscreen and fairing look a lot like all the other bikes, but for some reason they work really well on the Aprilia. What I noticed was there is a baffle down around the forks at the bottom of the front fairing. And it's got good wind protection. I really do think it's due to the baffle. Makes the gap between the screen and the body on the CB seem irrelevant when you think about how much air gets blasted up the open forks shaft.

a baffle may help on the X but the Falco is a sports bike with more rake on the screen and your riding position is less upright. Not ruling it out though....worth a try if it's an issue :084:

The main issue with the X screen is the distance between the rider and the screen together with the fact that the X has a small frontal area and a fairly upright screen angle. It's a recipe for turbulence.  If you flatten the screen angle (tilted towards the rider) you'll get more air flowing under the screen to counteract the air flowing over it, which equates to zero buffeting but more wind hitting the rider's torso.

If you get the rake just right, the wind will be clean and hit you in the sternum, which is much more bearable than when it's directed at chin level. You still need ear plugs but you should wear plugs regardless IMO...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:25:06 PM by Jonathan »

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage