Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oil and Filter Change  (Read 3152 times)

Offline PhilipMarc

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: New York City
Oil and Filter Change
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
Changed the oil yesterday in the X, and it reminded me to mention something.

I've been using Liqui-Moly oils in my cars and motorcycles for several years now. I use them for two reasons:

1. Their oils are superb. The additive package in the oil is very well-balanced, with incredible wear protection, very low shearing, sufficient detergents, and I can get very long oil-change intervals from it. I change the oil once a year on my bike, which is only 3,000-5,000 miles. I would wait longer but I like to change it at least once a year.

2. Liqui-Moly is a company with great ethics. The owner has employed the same workers for more than 20 years, and refuses to replace his people with machines, even though it costs him potential profits. He has also committed to selling his mansion before he ever lays anyone off. I like to support that kind of company! :047:

Just wanted to give them some praise--if you have never tried their oils, I highly recommend them. They're a bit pricey, but when it comes to protecting your motor, a few extra dollars a month is worth it if you ask me.

Additionally, when compared to other synthetic oils in breakdowns and on-paper testing, the results are astonishing. There isn't a huge difference these days between the top oils--all of them will protect your engine far more effectively than the oils we were using 10 or 20 years ago, but they are truly on the cutting edge of technology when it comes to chemical additives and lubricants.
Philip Marc

Offline Cam

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500x
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: Oil and Filter Change
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »
 :460:

Fantastic to hear about a company that values its people and puts them ahead of profits.  You do the right thing by people and generally everyone thrives and the money comes by itself  :152:

Have not tried their products, have seen them here in Australia but not as much as the other large companies.  Will definitely look them up and learn more anout their story. 

We have a similar one here in Australia with a company called Penrite. They have been around a long time, starting in someone's kitchen in 1926 and still going strong  :821:

Recent Topics