Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Africa Twin levers on a CB500X?  (Read 598 times)

Online racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Africa Twin levers on a CB500X?
« on: March 22, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
I am currently riding an AT and have installed some ebay folding clutch and brake levers on the bike.  Considering the CB500x as my next bike.  Will the AT levers fit the X?  Racer

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Africa Twin levers on a CB500X?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 05:54:12 PM »
Part numbers are different but similar, so they may or may not have the same perch dimensions... either way, you can get similar adjustable billet levers specifically for the CB from Rally-Raid for example:

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/honda-cb500x-cb500f/billet-cnc-folding-lever-honda-cb500x-f-r

Jx

EDIT. looking more closely at the illustrations on the Babbitts parts fiche, if they are indicative of the actual component, then the AT brake lever pivot is a different shape so that is not going to fit the CB.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:05:13 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:31:16 PM »
Thanks for the info, however, the RR levers are adjustable, not folding.  My levers will fold upwards in case of a tip over rather than break.  Since the X has no bark busters there would be no protection for the levers unless you order the accessory bar protectors.  Racer

Online JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 07:02:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by racer [+]
Thanks for the info, however, the RR levers are adjustable, not folding.  My levers will fold upwards in case of a tip over rather than break.  Since the X has no bark busters there would be no protection for the levers unless you order the accessory bar protectors.  Racer

There is probably a company out there that makes a folding version for the CB too, but in my experience the RR shorty levers are naturally well protected anyway in the event of a fall:

Of course if you're going to ride off-road regularly, it makes sense to fit some back-bone style hand-guards anyway - to help protect the throttle tube and switchgear too.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:23:44 PM »
Thanks, Jen.  When the 2019 CB500X gets to the states, I'll look to either trading in my AT or selling it outright.  None the less, I'll pull the aftermarket levers off the bike.  I won't be doing much off road anymore at 73 years old, but you never know!  Thanks  Racer

Offline Lysdexic

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 03:04:42 AM »
These adjustable billet aluminum shorty levers are a beautiful fit and finish, great look and feel. Bonus for being cheap as chips.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-HONDA-CB300F-CB500F-CB500X-13-15-Motorcycle-CNC-Billet-Aluminum-Short-Brake-Clutch-Levers-3/32612850459.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f93c4c4djV5LeV

Love Alie Express, especially considering the shipping costs of anything from Western countries here in Thailand.

Offline Lysdexic

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 03:04:23 AM »
Lever from AlieExpress installed

Online racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 01:45:24 PM »
They look good, but again, they aren't the levers I'm talking about.  My levers fold up instead of breaking if the bike goes down. 

Offline Lysdexic

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 07:34:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by racer [+]
They look good, but again, they aren't the levers I'm talking about.  My levers fold up instead of breaking if the bike goes down.
Oops, sorry - I use the barkbusters not so much to protect the levers as to protect my hands - the back roads here in Thailand can get a wee bit overgrown now and then, if the bike goes down hard enough to break the levers past them I probably won't be riding it anywhere ;)

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage