Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Canadaian West Coast  (Read 888 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vickriz

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: ca
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • City / Town: Victoria, BC
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »
I'm also 6 ft. I was hoping I wouldn't hve to shell out for a new screen and the x-creen.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 12:14:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by vickriz [+]
I'm also 6 ft. I was hoping I wouldn't hve to shell out for a new screen and the x-creen.

I know what you mean. It's really a tough call. I was willing to invest in it as getting my ergonomics set up correctly (bars, levers, risers, etc) and getting the wind protection set up were the two primary goals to to make the bike enjoyable. Other than that, it doesn't take whole lot more. This bike is already fantastic.

If you're willing to bend the brackets some (so I've heard) the 16+ OEM screen will fit our bikes. That screen is something like $60 on bikebandit.com. Very cheap in comparison with Givi, Puig, etc.

This weekend I might try to borrow my friend's 18. That has the newer screen on it. I'm thinking of fitting my x-creen just out of curiosity. I can report back if I end up doing it.

Keep in mind, I've done exact combinations that other riders our height have used in the 90 page windscreen thread. Their combinations didn't work for me. So, what works for me might not work for you anyway...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:15:30 AM by ThirtyOne »

Offline vickriz

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: ca
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • City / Town: Victoria, BC
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 03:33:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
This weekend I might try to borrow my friend's 18. That has the newer screen on it. I'm thinking of fitting my x-creen just out of curiosity. I can report back if I end up doing it.

Keep in mind, I've done exact combinations that other riders our height have used in the 90 page windscreen thread. Their combinations didn't work for me. So, what works for me might not work for you anyway...

Tonight I dropped the stock screen to the low setting and inserted a couple washers under the lower mounts. I'll give that a spin and see.

If you do get a chance to take your buddy's 18 for a spin with your x-creeen, please report back!

Should we move this conversation to the end of the other thread? https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,8149.0.html

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 05:03:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by vickriz [+]
Tonight I dropped the stock screen to the low setting and inserted a couple washers under the lower mounts. I'll give that a spin and see.

If you do get a chance to take your buddy's 18 for a spin with your x-creeen, please report back!

Should we move this conversation to the end of the other thread? https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,8149.0.html

We can pick it up over there, sure.

Offline Trailrunner

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 389
  • Country: us
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
 :400:

Offline kat on a bike

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ca
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 500X ABS
  • City / Town: Victoria
Re: Canadaian West Coast
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 07:20:01 AM »
Hello!
I am brand new to the forum and new to team 500X.  And I live in Victoria too!  Hope to see you on the road sometime.

Kat
"You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!" Dan Aykroyd

 


Recent Topics