Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rough Spot  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Re: Rough Spot
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 06:31:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
Spark plugs and/or needs a valve adjustment. Honda says 16,000 miles, can't remember what that is in KM, but many of us have experienced running issues before the 16k miles. I did start at 7500 and by 9000 my bike wouldn't break 70mph on flat ground.

Many of us? How much of an issue is it?

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mister Paul [+]
Many of us? How much of an issue is it?

I know of seven. Three are on here counting mine. The others I have learned of through ADVrider and meat space.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 10:07:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Irishrover [+]
I am still riding a 2016 CB500X rental with 11000 miles on it and the past few days I have noticed when I go over a particular rough patch on the road it feels like the bike suddenly loses power as if it's about to cut out. I was wondering if it has a bad earth somewhere and the rough surface is causing contact issues.

I experienced the same thing on my bike when the rear shock was going out. It didn't have enough dampening to hold the tire in contact with the ground. My friend was behind me and noticed that any rough surface would cause the tire to stay airborne just slightly and enough to lose speed. The rougher the surface the worse it was.

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 04:36:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
I know of seven. Three are on here counting mine. The others I have learned of through ADVrider and meat space.

There are almost 7k members of this forum. And others on the FB groups. Of course, not all of them will be X owners, but 7 is still not "many of us" is it? Shouldn't we be keeping things in perspective?

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 07:16:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mister Paul [+]
There are almost 7k members of this forum. And others on the FB groups. Of course, not all of them will be X owners, but 7 is still not "many of us" is it? Shouldn't we be keeping things in perspective?

True but a lot of those members rarely post their mechanical woes. I haven't a clue about FB. I haven't been in there in years. I guess the place didn't shut down when I left.  :745:

Offline SilverCycle

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 17 Red
  • City / Town: Sunny Worthing
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 09:03:22 PM »
If it's really rough road & bouncing about - does it have a traction control system that would cut power in response to apparent wheel spin. Well, actual wheel spin if the wheel leaves the ground under power.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by SilverCycle [+]
If it's really rough road & bouncing about - does it have a traction control system that would cut power in response to apparent wheel spin. Well, actual wheel spin if the wheel leaves the ground under power.

No traction control. It's a cheap Honda. Check BMW. They may have traction control.

Recent Topics