Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Under the seat toolkit  (Read 1065 times)

Offline nbsdave

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 500X, ABS
  • City / Town: Sarasota, FL
Re: Under the seat toolkit
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »
good job and it seems you have most everything covered
there was a similar thread a while back but it died after promises to list a complete tool list were not forthcoming.
This makes up for it. Thanks for posting

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »
When you guys pump a tire using the portable pump, do you run the bike or leave it off? I usually carry cartridges, but I'm thinking of carrying a pump instead.

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »
 :046:
Thanks for posting- useful info, pics + feedback.

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Seattle
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 03:24:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
When you guys pump a tire using the portable pump, do you run the bike or leave it off? I usually carry cartridges, but I'm thinking of carrying a pump instead.
Usually bike is off. YMMV.
BTW. Ive had that pump for over 10 years, fused with a 7.5A.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 03:27:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by nbsdave [+]
good job and it seems you have most everything covered
there was a similar thread a while back but it died after promises to list a complete tool list were not forthcoming.
This makes up for it. Thanks for posting

Hi NBSdave - everyone's choice is going to be slightly different depending on budget and/or what they already have in their tool stash, and they tend to evolve over time too - but if you use the search button on here it ought to lead you to those posts where people have described their own set-up.

For example, Twempie refers to the kit I put together when building up my bike a couple of years ago, and there is also a video of my packing set-up (including a list of the tools) here:

It's a slide show, so you need pause it if you want to read the lists in detail.

Hope that helps...

Jx

ps. there is also a [similar] list here as part of my ride report from the Trans-Am trip in 2015.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:28:47 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »
Following on from above, if anyone else is looking to condense their tools and other luggage as part of preparing for a longer-distance trail-biased trip on a CB500X, there is another great detail video from Juan Browne (Blancolirio on YouTube) where he goes through his packing list with various pros and cons - worth a watch:

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 03:50:08 PM »
Jenny is more than correct. I searched all of her threads on this forum and ADV about what tools she carries, and made my toolkit based her experience. My kit is still incomplete, eg. tube repair (when I get a RR upgrade), zip ties, quick steel, tape and bodge fix items, etc.

Im following her lead, all I did was read what she had to say and build my kitmostly with what I already had in the garage.

I will add that, while building the kit, I also checked to see what wrenches fit on which fasteners and made wheel removal tools a must have.

Thanks Jenny.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:57:48 PM by Twempie »

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Twempie [+]
Usually bike is off. YMMV.
BTW. Ive had that pump for over 10 years, fused with a 7.5A.

Thanks, Twempie.

Offline Twempie

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 04:52:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Following on from above, if anyone else is looking to condense their tools and other luggage as part of preparing for a longer-distance trail-biased trip on a CB500X, there is another great detail video from Juan Browne (Blancolirio on YouTube) where he goes through his packing list with various pros and cons - worth a watch:

Jx

Thats a very helpful video. The RR rear solo rack looks like a smart option for the Coyote.

Recent Topics