Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oh God, I just bought this bike!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Oh God, I just bought this bike!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 07:14:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Samuttodd [+]
I just bought this bike.   I drove it around the parking lot and did some flips and wheelies and decided it'd work out.   $4100 US  with boxes and everything.  Seemed like a square deal.    Brought my wife and her sister along to haggle on my behalf.   

I'm going to leave the slicks on it until I wear them out and then probably go with some Pirelli Scorpions.   

I am excited to get it out and ride some back roads near home and get a better feel for it..   We are going to take it to the Temple and have the Monks bless it.

Should be fun.   Wish me luck or as they say here, "Chok Dee"

"Flips and wheelies"???   we'll have non of that hooliganism on here Sir...this is a respectable forum  :156:

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 08:06:37 PM »
 :400:
Nice looking bike
Chok Dee!

Offline UnmzldOx

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Deep South
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »
Scorpion Trail II is a different and much better tire than OEM we all had. Have fun.

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:34 PM »
 :400:

Offline Samuttodd

• CB500X Member
  • samuttodd
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Samut Sakhon
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 01:14:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
"Flips and wheelies"???   we'll have non of that hooliganism on here Sir...this is a respectable forum  :156:

It wasn't truly a flip,  it was more of an immelman.   The wheelies were not fwd up,  they were Tail up nose wheelies done on braking.   

It was great.     The guy asked my kin if i'd ever ridden a motorcycle before and they said "yeah,  he knows how to"   

Seriously though,  I am excited to get out and go on it.    I came from a b/g of riding an xr 650l so this is a totally different animal.

The xr wanted to go all over,  this bike wants to stand up straight.  It is as thought it is on more than 2 wheels (super stable) I went to grip the tank with my knees and it was unpadded,  so that threw me for a loop.    Really slippery.   
Keep it under a hundred

Offline DFavata

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 Honda CB500
  • City / Town: Latham
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 05:25:47 PM »
Congrats!!! you got a great bike as well as a great deal! Now, ride the hell outta it!!! :305:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage