Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Switched from Triumph Tiger to CB500X Rally Raid level 2- stoked  (Read 1346 times)

Online woody

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MY18 CB500XA
  • City / Town: The Fens
Re: Switched from Triumph Tiger to CB500X Rally Raid level 2- stoked
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
 Looks even better with the soft luggage  :152:

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Upon further inspection in the photo, I would be careful about running the strap under the mudguard like that. A fall or tug at the bag could easily yank/crack that plastic piece.

I wouldn't worry too much about that ThirtyOne - there is actually a substantial piece of metal underneath the rear fender, which is a welded part of the CB500X frame:

Which for info. you partially cut off if you want to fit the R&G short tail tidy:

Jx
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:55:31 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 07:53:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kerrmitt [+]

Just put all my soft bags on. I kinda dig the orange  :018:

Bike looks great with that set-up Kerrmitt!

It made me smile when I saw your thread title - back in 2014 John at Rally-Raid was using a Triumph Tiger (which indeed does have a lovely engine) as his general run-around and occasional/gentle green-lane bike... but once he'd developed the kit for the CB, he found he just wasn't riding the Triumph anymore as the CB did everything he was using that bike for just as well really - other than two-up riding comfort perhaps - and was far more fun and manageable to ride off-road.

Have fun out there, and hope to get the chance to catch up in person at some event or another over the summer perhaps?

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 11:03:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
I wouldn't worry too much about that ThirtyOne - there is actually a substantial piece of metal underneath the rear fender, which is a welded part of the CB500X frame:

Which for info. you partially cut off if you want to fit the R&G short tail tidy:

Jx

I had no idea! Every other bike I've owned or looked at had a plastic unit back there. You learn something new every day.  :821:

Offline Kerrmitt

• CB500X Member
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RR 3
  • City / Town: Auburn, CA
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 11:31:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Bike looks great with that set-up Kerrmitt!

It made me smile when I saw your thread title - back in 2014 John at Rally-Raid was using a Triumph Tiger (which indeed does have a lovely engine) as his general run-around and occasional/gentle green-lane bike... but once he'd developed the kit for the CB, he found he just wasn't riding the Triumph anymore as the CB did everything he was using that bike for just as well really - other than two-up riding comfort perhaps - and was far more fun and manageable to ride off-road.

Have fun out there, and hope to get the chance to catch up in person at some event or another over the summer perhaps?

Jenny x

Yup- not far from you, just "down the hill" from Juan :) Seems the little "Halfrica" has made my Trumpy somewhat obsolete, so it's  up for sale over on the ADV forum  :306: Somebody buy it so I can gear up for some more serious off road excursions  :001:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:01:09 AM by Kerrmitt »
2013 Rally Raid Level 3 CB500X

Sendin' it like FedEx

Recent Topics