Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Might not be part of the cb500x anymore :(  (Read 1216 times)

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Might not be part of the cb500x anymore :(
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 12:27:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by Trailrunner [+]
I was at the Yamaha dealer on Saturday I used to ride with the staff on Mandays V Strom crew and when I open the door one of the guys said they called you and told you it was here. I ask what he said this and pointed to it. Beautiful bike. I said nope need a play bike and came home with a TW.
The T-7 is a big motorcycle on the center stand, love the new pegs and you change the mode on the fly. Nice bike enjoy it.

You saw the concept bike or the Tenere 700 production bike?

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by UKJeeper [+]
21" front wheel?...

:001:

Someone did it. Can't remember who. The RR level 2 with 19" is a good compromise. 2019 is a better compromise.  :080:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:29:39 PM by EscCtrl »

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
There were some guys in Thailand that did it. Also, I think there's a guy that made a CRF500L (search YouTube) where he transplanted the engine into a CRF frame.

RR had experimented with at 21" front wheel and I remember comments about it having very poor handling. It makes me wonder how much one would notice the difference between a 19" vs 21" front. I'm no off-road rider, but I wonder if it's something that's only more readily apparent to higher skilled riders.

Offline kickertwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 05:03:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by willc86 [+]
Remind me to post this "Might not be part of the cb500x anymore :(" thread in the 3rd quarter+ of 2020

Fix it for you... still have over a year to ride your CB500X before the USA T7 arrival

*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
There were some guys in Thailand that did it. Also, I think there's a guy that made a CRF500L (search YouTube) where he transplanted the engine into a CRF frame.

RR had experimented with at 21" front wheel and I remember comments about it having very poor handling. It makes me wonder how much one would notice the difference between a 19" vs 21" front. I'm no off-road rider, but I wonder if it's something that's only more readily apparent to higher skilled riders.

This was asked in the other big forum. Possible yes, as the Thai racing team did it with a custom clamps and 450 forks..
Handling was awful because the CB500x geometry was never design for a 21" inch tire. There is not much up travel space in the CB500x. You really have to kick the wheel forward (rake/trail) and screw up the steering

Very noticeable. There are ZERO adult dirt bikes (exception supermotos) that have front wheel less than 21". The more serious ADV bikes have 21" for this reason
On the CB500X, the 19" is just right. A spoke 19" exist for those who want more dirt action.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]

The only time I felt I needed a 21 was when I was deep woods riding. Something I won't be doing on the CB-X. A 19" front would be nice on the rutted gravel roads, fire breaks, and logging trails I ride.

Offline 303

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 CB500XA
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 08:44:13 AM »
I don't want to encourage anyone but this thread reminded me of this:
Tenere Tragics High Plains Run 2019

I can see the appeal and had thoughts when I saw the 700. It might be a future bike.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:44:57 AM by 303 »

Recent Topics