Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Alberta Canada  (Read 232 times)

Offline AB-DirtGuy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Debating...
  • City / Town: Calgary
Hi from Alberta Canada
« on: May 06, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »
Hi folks!

As evidenced by the title, I am from Alberta Canada. I grew up on dirt bikes from age 4 to 28. I am now much older and want to get back into riding. I am taking some lessons towards my license and hope to have my full class 6 (Alberta Motorcycle license) by the end of the month. (I let my license expire some time ago)

This year I plan to rent bikes here in town to test the waters. See if I will still like it as much as I used to (I think I will!). I am seriously considering a CB500X for next year. I plan to do some mixed riding:highways (mostly to get out of town), back roads, logging roads, trails...

I hope they will come out with a "adventure" version of the CB500x by next year... (spoke wheels, bark busters, engine protection, crash bars, switchable ABS...). I realize you can add those things, but I don't need two sets of wheels...

Until then, I will read up on here. Glad I found this place!

Cheers,
AB-DirtGuy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:20:35 PM by AB-DirtGuy »

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Hi from Alberta Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :821:

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by AB-DirtGuy [+]
Hi folks!

As evidenced by the title, I am from Alberta Canada. I grew up on dirt bikes from age 4 to 28. I am now much older and want to get back into riding. I am taking some lessons towards my license and hope to have my full class 6 (Alberta Motorcycle license) by the end of the month. (I let my license expire some time ago)

This year I plan to rent bikes here in town to test the waters. See if I will still like it as much as I used to (I think I will!). I am seriously considering a CB500X for next year. I plan to do some mixed riding:highways (mostly to get out of town), back roads, logging roads, trails...

I hope they will come out with a "adventure" version of the CB500x by next year... (spoke wheels, bark busters, engine protection, crash bars, switchable ABS...). I realize you can add those things, but I don't need two sets of wheels...

Until then, I will read up on here. Glad I found this place!

Cheers,
AB-DirtGuy

Hey. Hello from Manitoba.

FYI I wouldn't put too much hope into a CB ADV model for next year. the 2019 was already a big upgrade and I doubt Honda will want to do another big change so soon. especially when there are sooo many brand new 16's 17' and 18's sitting around in warehouses across North America.

Good luck and hope to see you out there!
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline AB-DirtGuy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Debating...
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]

Hey. Hello from Manitoba.

FYI I wouldn't put too much hope into a CB ADV model for next year. the 2019 was already a big upgrade and I doubt Honda will want to do another big change so soon. especially when there are sooo many brand new 16's 17' and 18's sitting around in warehouses across North America.

Good luck and hope to see you out there!

I know, I am dreaming. More realistic plan is to pick up a 2019 next year, maybe at a slight discount :) (there is that dreaming again...)

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 01:15:18 AM »
:400:

Offline PIGLET

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: DURHAM UK
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 07:24:32 AM »
 :400:   :046: :046: :152: :306:

Offline Ceddy17

• CB500X Pro
  • Ed
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Geel
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »
Greetings from Flanders...
Ed.
... don't concentrate on the finger ...  Stay Safe  ...

Offline woody

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MY18 CB500XA
  • City / Town: The Fens
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 10:58:42 AM »
 :400:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage