Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Help a new guy get ready for a moto adventure  (Read 2382 times)

Offline RDW

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500x
  • City / Town: Rogue River
Re: Help a new guy get ready for a moto adventure
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »
BTW DJ,  Hopefully you noticed what RR charges to ship that skid plate to the states ($112.00 to Oregon).

Offline DJ

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Seattle
Re: Help a new guy get ready for a moto adventure
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
RDW oh yea I noticed.  It was 86 bucks to ship the skid and radiator guard to Seattle.  I also got their 17mm wheel tool as it will reduce bulk.  The shipping cost sucks but when you think about the size, weight and distance its really not that bad.  You got to pay to play. 

I picked up a used ENO hammock with their nice straps and a bug net.  Got on Amazon for a rain fly and underquilt.  Should be good to go.  Found a Cortech Super 2.0 set of saddlebags on ebay for 50 bucks shipped.  The Tourtech duffle is on the way as its bigger than the Cortech matching tail bag.  I like that they have the same strap mounting system since they are owned by the same company.  And I picked up Cortechs Super 2.0 12L magnetic tank bag, its perfect.  Only thing is it sits on the slanted part of the tank and everything will bunch up at the bottom, no divider.  That gives me a total of 100L, should be plenty. 

Just installed a USB charger up in the faring.  Now I can charge goodies, run my air compressor and hook up a battery tender if need be.  Works sweet, hope it lasts.  I'll put a post up about it. 

Tires are on order, getting them put on this Tuesday.  Went with TKC80's' as there are so limited choices with these wheels sizes.  Please dont tell me which one I should have gone with!  It's done.  I was tossing around the Shinko 705 but I really didn't want the tires to hold me up.  The other options I wanted required running a tube and I'm not into roadside/dirt road tube repairs or carrying around the extra tools.  Got his tire repair tool https://www.rockycreekdesigns.com/products/motopressor-puncture-repair-tool?utm_campaign=order-confirmation-email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=product&utm_term=link&utm_source=OrderlyEmails and a pump.  Covered. 

Going to try and get out next weekend for a trial run then make adjustments from there.
Still need to put tools together.

Thank you for the help!

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage