Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Buying stuff from AliExpress. Wrong idea.  (Read 507 times)

Offline Mobydick

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 18 stock CB500X
  • City / Town: Lea da Palmeira
Buying stuff from AliExpress. Wrong idea.
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
I bought some items from AliExpress (AE) as aux lights, adjustable levers and footpegs, i felt reasonable good stuff for the price.
After, I was looking online on MCNshop (uk) and FC Moto (gemany) for protective trousers but their item and spec description was lousy and scarce, so I tried AE and it seemed more info about items. So I took the risk, ordering a pair of textile trousers in nylon (cordura) from Duhan Official Store (vendor on AE). 85 was reasonable for the description, specially when AE claims to back customers ensuring that items are received as described or money back!

Wrong thought. Vendor sent a different reference, that is useless to me. They sent a cheaper summer trouser, instead of a mid season one, so i claimed. After some message exchange they admitted the error but didn't replace the item nor refund. They requested the return, which i would do if they supported shipping cost (that would cost almost 2/3rd of product price).
Then I opened a dispute process on AE claiming a full refund.  After a long process of filling forms, chatting with robots, appealing etc, i received a partial refund (50 on 85 paid) and kept a useless pair of trousers.
Be aware on AliExpress. Their service is lousy. Do not recommend at all.

Offline 303

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 CB500XA
Re: Buying stuff from AliExpress. Wrong idea.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »
It sounds like the shipping cost was deducted. What is their policy on returns? Usually it is buyer pays return shipping. Of course if the vendor did not ship the item purchased then they are at fault 100%. As a buyer I would wear the cost for wrong size or change of mind but not for incorrect item supplied.

I would go to CC company and ask for them charge back. See where it goes.

Ali Express is different to Ebay or Amazon. It comes from different roots. Amazon and Ebay Stores operate a lot more like the department store model. Ali is more like a street market. I don't use it for that reason.

On the plus side you have 25 pants. Sell them on Ebay or use them. Or gift them to a new biker.

Offline Mobydick

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:11 AM »
Well, the quality of trousers seems reasonable for the price. I can't tell about the materials if are really as spec or a cheap fabric.
The size is short (the problem is my size I know). The big issue is they are not what I ordered. I accepted the risk of poor quality and of wrong size but was not expecting to pay to receive an unwanted item.
AE service is poor and not customer oriented. It was difficult to reach customer service. After several answering robots with predetermined answers, i chatted with 4 different service agents successively, each one telling me that the dispute team had misjudge and I was write.
The result was even worst, having reduced the refund from 56 to 51 from the first proposal to final decision.

I am bringing this issue to the forum just to warn members eventually buying stuff through AliExpress about the risk.

I bought brake/clutch levers, footpegs and aux lights and went ok. The quality is fair for price so the risk was low.

Cheers

Offline AmbientMoto

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Franklin
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:41 AM »
Sorry about that; Ali is definitely on the risk side of the price+risk spectrum. Theres cost, and then theres value. I find somewhere in the middle is where the two meet. Ill order things from China from time to time, but only if its something I cant find anywhere else from a local or US seller. I know that returning something typically doesnt really make sense, so the lower price comes with higher risk.
Ive definitely purchased clothing from China (but not moto clothing) and now that I know how the sizing works, it usually makes sense. Amazon has spoiled me for two or one day shipping though; the two week ship time doesnt seem worth the lower price now!
Some of the stuff from Ali is the same stuff that is being imported and resold locally, so its hit or miss as far as quality is concerned. Ali and other similar outfits can be a good resource but its definitely a buyer beware situation. There are also tons of knock-off things that I have a problem with; lets support the real guy when we have a choice.

Offline Mobydick

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »
Yes, definitely, AliExpress is justo to small and cheap items.

My disappointment is not with the loss, that is small enough to not bother, and it was a calculated risk.
I am very desappointed with the AE service and the lack of respect towards the customer. May be my overexpectation was influenced by Amazon, that i belive is super.

Offline Ponzan

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 04:06:20 AM »
last year I bought a gear indicator, it was advertised to have a 1 year guaranty and it failed after 3 months. I contacted the seller who just kept saying don't worry but never sent a new one or returned the money or gave a solution  :232: :151:
Previous: NXR150, XRE300, DR400, XL500, scooters

Offline Mobydick

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »
Stay away from Ali Express

Recent Topics