Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HJC RPHA11 Helmet  (Read 306 times)

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 white 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
HJC RPHA11 Helmet
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »
My dealer is about to start stocking HJC helmets and Iím quite interested in the RHPA11 model. I wondering if anyone has experience of this helmet or HJC helmets in general. If so I would appreciate reading their views.
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline peasemold

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Liskeard
Re: HJC RPHA11 Helmet
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »
I've got an HJC IS-MAX 11, had it for some time now. I'm pleased with it - it's comfortable in all weathers. The drop-down sun visor is useful, once you remember where the control button is.

Online woody

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MY18 CB500XA
  • City / Town: The Fens
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:38:46 PM »
Switched from HJC to a Caberg tourmax. Caberg is alot quiter and suffers less buffeting. HJC is a slimmer design and fits in my Givi pannier!

Can't remember the model it's 3-4yrs old, I'll have to look later. Overall not a bad helmet brand is mid range and there's plenty of choice in that sector of the market  :152: I prefer the Caberg brand which is why I went back to it, theres alot of personal preference when choosing a helmet!

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:09:44 PM »
I bought a RPHA11 during the winter and started using it in Feb. Have covered more than 1500 miles wearing it now and here's what I think of it:

Pros:
- It's a light helmet
- It's nicely made
- Comes with an anti-fog insert (you don't have to buy one separately) and a two visors (clear and lightly smoked)
- Really, really good ventilation from the plethora of vents (one of the best things about the helmet, TBH)
- Anti microbial thing seems to be working, still smells like new after three months of use
- It looks pretty cool

Cons:
- The anti fog insert isn't actually made by pinlock, and it's not quite as good as the pinlock in my other helmet (only really applicable if you're using it in near freezing conditions)
- I prefer a buckle over D rings. They're fine, but more of a personal preference (and I acknowledge that D Rings are considered the safest fastner)
- I've already scratched the visor somehow, despite being careful with it - could just be me, rather than the visor material being soft
- No internal sun visor
- I find it a little noisy, but then I find modern helmets with their aerodynamic add-ons to be a bit more noisy than my very old Shoei

All the cons are minor really - just nit-picking on them points. Overall it's a really good helmet the pros to outweigh the cons, and it's sensibly priced for what you get (which is alot)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:14:01 PM by Marv_ »

Offline bitdist

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ringwood North
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 02:00:11 AM »
I have the RPHA90 and am pretty happy with it.  Quiet and comfortable.  Comes with Pinlock. Ventilation is good enough so far.  Comms speakers fits in to the designated spots well

Recent Topics