Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Klim Gear  (Read 332 times)

Offline AB-DirtGuy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Debating...
  • City / Town: Calgary
Klim Gear
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »
Hi. I am getting back into adventure riding after many years being away from dirt bikes. I am interested in the CARLSBAD jacket and pants. The Large jacket should fit me, but I would need a 36 Short in the pants. This size is not available  :003:  I have always been short and unfortunately i have grown a bit of a belly over the years 5'6", 190LBS (hey, they say it's a sign of happiness....)

Latitude Pant is available in 36 Short.

Would the Latitude pant-to-jacket zipper be compatible with the Carlsbad jacket? Is the Grey Latitude pant the same color as the Grey Carlsbad jacket? Would they look mismatched if worn together? Maybe get the grey jacket and black pants?

I plan to ride paved roads only to get to trails, (30% pavement + 70% gravel & trails) mostly local day trips with maybe a couple weekend trips per year.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Klim Gear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 02:41:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by AB-DirtGuy [+]
Hi. I am getting back into adventure riding after many years being away from dirt bikes. I am interested in the CARLSBAD jacket and pants. The Large jacket should fit me, but I would need a 36 Short in the pants. This size is not available  :003:  I have always been short and unfortunately i have grown a bit of a belly over the years 5'6", 190LBS (hey, they say it's a sign of happiness....)

Latitude Pant is available in 36 Short.

Would the Latitude pant-to-jacket zipper be compatible with the Carlsbad jacket? Is the Grey Latitude pant the same color as the Grey Carlsbad jacket? Would they look mismatched if worn together? Maybe get the grey jacket and black pants?

I plan to ride paved roads only to get to trails, (30% pavement + 70% gravel & trails) mostly local day trips with maybe a couple weekend trips per year.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

most manufacturers' stuff tends to be cross compatible across their own range, but contact Klim for a definitive answer...

nice gear but very expensive over here in the UK...

if it's cheaper in canada and the states, you could finance a nice little trip to the UK by buying several jackets and trousers and wearing them all at the same time, on the flight over....that way you wouldn't be charged import duty...it'd certainly be a good test for it's ventilation and breathability :008:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 02:42:41 AM by Jonathan »

Offline AB-DirtGuy

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Debating...
  • City / Town: Calgary
Re: Klim Gear
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
I ended up ordering the Black Latitude pant with the Grey Carlsbad jacket - vendor said the zippers should be compatible. They will arrive next week along with my helmet, boots and gloves I previously ordered. Anxious to get back on a bike!!

Recent Topics