Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The girl's got balls.....  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: The girl's got balls.....
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller [+]

And here's me wondering if I should make the effort to ride to the "Ring" this year.

Get it done! the longer you prevaricate, the less likely you are to go...

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
Get it done! the longer you prevaricate, the less likely you are to go...

I've a bit too much on until the end of July. Last time I went was July, should be nice then. I must add, I did one lap on a Strom and spent more time looking in the mirrors than forwards. But even so, I could almost see Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss and the rest all passing me.
Brian.

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 09:04:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller [+]
On YouTube right now there are two girls riding roads I would not go near. Solo. Here is one of them. Do we have any other admirers on here ? I think a 500X would do this trip a treat.

t=32s
Good post- I've enjoyed catching up with her adventures.

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by 2Bpencil [+]
Good post- I've enjoyed catching up with her adventures.

I am really puzzled about why she is doing this. Are all these miles that enjoyable ? So many miles in so many countries look so very similar. She pushes herself very hard. The bike has done her proud.

Maybe I'm just a sad old git.
Brian.

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:23 PM »
The bit where Noraly travels between two of the 'stan countries, with the really difficult, long/snowy/muddy/freezing no-mans land, and she struggles like hell, turns up at the border and has to spend an hour in the immigration hut warming up....yeah that might have been pushing a bit too hard! She's certainly braver, or more crazy than me!

Otherwise, I think it's amazing what she's doing and there maybe an element of your being an old git, hilldweller 😉

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marv_ [+]
The bit where Noraly travels between two of the 'stan countries, with the really difficult, long/snowy/muddy/freezing no-mans land, and she struggles like hell, turns up at the border and has to spend an hour in the immigration hut warming up....yeah that might have been pushing a bit too hard! She's certainly braver, or more crazy than me!

Otherwise, I think it's amazing what she's doing and there maybe an element of your being an old git, hilldweller

it's the exuberance of youth....when you get to my age, you think about all the potential drawbacks...then travel vicariously via Youtube :008:

To be honest, when I was a young bloke I didn't know anyone in a position to travel the world by motorcycle. A week in France was considered a 'big trip'. Sure there were a number of adventure travellers who funded their forays into the unknown by writing books about it, but since technology evolved and DIY media became more accessible, 'adventure travel' has become pretty commonplace.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:48:48 PM by Jonathan »

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
it's the exuberance of youth....when you get to my age, you think about all the potential drawbacks...then travel vicariously via Youtube :008:

To be honest, when I was a young bloke I didn't know anyone in a position to travel the world by motorcycle. A week in France was considered a 'big trip'. Sure there were a number of adventure travellers who funded their forays into the unknown by writing books about it, but since technology evolved and DIY media became more accessible, 'adventure travel' has become pretty commonplace.
Back in the day (70's and 80's) I used to treat all my long-distance trips as adventures - taking spare cables, puncture repair kit and other heavy tools to help me arrive at my chosen destination without the support of roadside assistance etc. The adventure part was not knowing definitely where I would be resting my head on any given night - especially if progress had been interrupted during the day. Bivviing by the roadside was occasionally necessary to ensure no-one made-off with my bike and belongings.
Trips to France and Italy were full of chance encounters and the only records are in my memory (and maybe the people I met) - no mobile phones; no videos; no blogs - just moving from one place to another and enjoying the differences.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by catstevecam [+]
Back in the day (70's and 80's) I used to treat all my long-distance trips as adventures - taking spare cables, puncture repair kit and other heavy tools to help me arrive at my chosen destination without the support of roadside assistance etc. The adventure part was not knowing definitely where I would be resting my head on any given night - especially if progress had been interrupted during the day. Bivviing by the roadside was occasionally necessary to ensure no-one made-off with my bike and belongings.
Trips to France and Italy were full of chance encounters and the only records are in my memory (and maybe the people I met) - no mobile phones; no videos; no blogs - just moving from one place to another and enjoying the differences.

if you didn't film it, it never happened...... :745:

While I can appreciate the time and effort these vloggers put into their travelogues I can't help feeling they must spend a considerable amount of time thinking about what would make for a good shot. To me that detracts from the whole point of traveling on a bike...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:02:15 PM by Jonathan »

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 10:25:15 PM »
I'm finding the videos inspirational.  At least as far as riding go, she is pretty fearless and more capable than experienced which makes her relatable.  For instance, she gets help when she needs it, something I would require. But I also think she is a pretty savy traveler, and the videos are well done and just the right length.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
I'm finding the videos inspirational.  At least as far as riding go, she is pretty fearless and more capable than experienced which makes her relatable.  For instance, she gets help when she needs it, something I would require. But I also think she is a pretty savy traveler, and the videos are well done and just the right length.

She's certainly comes across as less narcissistic than some of the more well known RTWers  :018:
Short vids, same format makes for a good Youtube formula.  :028:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage