Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tenere 700 Launch  (Read 1488 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Trailrunner

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 389
  • Country: us
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 04:04:23 PM »
If I won the lottery today I would buy the KTM 790R. When I saw this video at 13:00 minutes in I was hooked and printed a picture of it to put on my dream board. I just bought a Yamaha I can work on anywhere no change since 1987. I could ride my 60 miles round trip to work and back with a big smile on the KTM. I would not sell the CBX it kind of like my favorite socks.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 06:58:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trailrunner [+]
If I won the lottery today I would buy the KTM 790R. When I saw this video at 13:00 minutes in I was hooked and printed a picture of it to put on my dream board. I just bought a Yamaha I can work on anywhere no change since 1987. I could ride my 60 miles round trip to work and back with a big smile on the KTM. I would not sell the CBX it kind of like my favorite socks.

I've seen video. KTM struck gold with Riemann. That guy is an amazing rider and amazing cinematographer.

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 11:02:52 PM »
I wouldn't last ten minutes on a bike that size off road....at those speeds :008:

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 03:29:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
I wouldn't last ten minutes on a bike that size off road....at those speeds :008:

I'd love to learn how to ride like that without any of the broken bones it takes to get there.  :008:

Offline PIGLET

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: DURHAM UK
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 05:06:23 AM »
Half that speed for me at 62 so i could take in the views .

Offline Trailrunner

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 389
  • Country: us
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
That thing is a monster, I fought the V Storm to ride it hard it had the power but the drive train would just get tired. I never liked the 650 it felt fat and lazy my old XR650 was more fun. I live where we got some of the very best dirt, gravel and marbles. The CB is so much lighter but some of the washouts that change with each rain can jump up and grab you by the neck. I can see how the RR kit could make it more athletic I really like my CB a lot it does so much well. I have to say I would love to own one of them I got to talk to a Yamaha dealer last week in Blue Ridge GA. They stock a lot of dual sport and adventure parts tires lots of tires. When we were talking lone riders from the west and northeast pulled in on adventure bikes. I ask him about the new bike he said I wish I knew more they have released very little to us. He said we are getting calls and people are starting to ask questions like you are but Ranny that about all I know. He said the first two we get are sold guys that will walk in write the check and ride it off. If anyone is ever in that area Blue Ridge Yamaha is a great shop to get you going and they are nice people parts and the salesman have all been there over 20 years so they are easy to talk to and work with. I make it a point to stop a couple of times a year to say hello and look around so they remember me.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 09:43:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trailrunner [+]
That thing is a monster, I fought the V Storm to ride it hard it had the power but the drive train would just get tired. I never liked the 650 it felt fat and lazy my old XR650 was more fun. I live where we got some of the very best dirt, gravel and marbles. The CB is so much lighter but some of the washouts that change with each rain can jump up and grab you by the neck. I can see how the RR kit could make it more athletic I really like my CB a lot it does so much well. I have to say I would love to own one of them I got to talk to a Yamaha dealer last week in Blue Ridge GA. They stock a lot of dual sport and adventure parts tires lots of tires. When we were talking lone riders from the west and northeast pulled in on adventure bikes. I ask him about the new bike he said I wish I knew more they have released very little to us. He said we are getting calls and people are starting to ask questions like you are but Ranny that about all I know. He said the first two we get are sold guys that will walk in write the check and ride it off. If anyone is ever in that area Blue Ridge Yamaha is a great shop to get you going and they are nice people parts and the salesman have all been there over 20 years so they are easy to talk to and work with. I make it a point to stop a couple of times a year to say hello and look around so they remember me.

For whatever reason, Yamaha has decided to send the T700 to the USA next year. I guess it'll let them get any teething problems out of the way. At the same time, I've seen a number of people get tired of waiting and have gone with a 701, 790 or even an AT. I'm going to keep an eye on the YouTubes this weekend as the press launch just finished and there should be some content coming out on the new bike.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:44:51 PM by ThirtyOne »

Offline bonaroo row

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: Tenere 700 Launch
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 12:49:25 AM »
I lost all interest in the T7 when I saw that it has a longer wheelbase than the 62 AT wheelbase.  My fully RR farkeled cb500x has a 56 WB.  Long WB bikes feel like a barge to me.

 


Recent Topics


victorious-backstage