Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Traded in my CB500x last weekend...  (Read 3151 times)

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Traded in my CB500x last weekend...
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 11:24:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by mrklunk [+]
Agreed Alex, tested one last week and loved it. The CB650R just edged it so provided local Honda dealer can actually find me we soon, that'll be my next bike. :)

I had an ER6n, loved it, great motor. I was side wiped off it at 30mph. Small dent in side of car but the bike was a write off. The garage that handled the recovery said they don't crash well at all, they don't use proper metal. Forks bent and crack near the clutch.
Brian.

Offline mrklunk

• CB500X Pro
  • Tango'd.
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
How strange, my local Honda dealer are also fantastic, superb bunch of lads there who bend over backwards to help, I always take my bikes there for repairs, MOT etc because of it.

My local Kawasaki dealer also can't be arsed.

Turns out they've got me a Blue CB650R, it's in the Isle of Wight and for some reason will take 2-3 weeks (pedantic Honda logistic rules or something). Anyway. I better stop looking at Crossrunners and Versys now. Don't want 2 bikes! ;)

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »
Ooh that's a nice blue colour, has it got the gold forks too?

That's one nice improvement over the previous version, upside down forks now too which always look better in my opinion.

Have to say the bike as a whole is largely improved aesthetically compared to the 2015 version I had. Very nice.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:44:44 PM by Applecorp »

Offline mrklunk

• CB500X Pro
  • Tango'd.
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
Ooh that's a nice blue colour, has it got the gold forks too?

That's one nice improvement over the previous version, upside down forks now too which always look better in my opinion.

Have to say the bike as a whole is largely improved aesthetically compared to the 2015 version I had. Very nice.

Yeh it's got the whole gold thing going on. Lots of improvements they say but I quite liked to old one too, could've had a 2018 with 670 miles on the clock for 1500 cheaper but the Neo Cafe look sold me (marketing sucker!). Siwtheirng about a quick-shifter (300 extra). They threw in Oxford heated grips.

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 06:02:46 PM »
Lol yeah, I do like the whole new headlight setup. LED indicators too.

Quickshifters are a blast. Do you need one, no, should you get one, yes.   :001:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 06:03:31 PM by Applecorp »

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage