Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oxford Heated Grips  (Read 1042 times)

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
Oxford Heated Grips
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »
While I wait for my RR Level 2 package, I am assembling other parts and bits I want to install while I have the bike apart.  One of the things I want to install are Oxford heated grips. I will be getting a Renthal Fat Bar and Barkbuster Strom handguards. Does anyone know the model Oxfords that will work with the Fat Bar? Or, if not, I'm guessing that 7/8" open ended grips will probably work.  Thanks.
Just damn happy to be here...

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Oxford Heated Grips
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]
While I wait for my RR Level 2 package, I am assembling other parts and bits I want to install while I have the bike apart.  One of the things I want to install are Oxford heated grips. I will be getting a Renthal Fat Bar and Barkbuster Strom handguards. Does anyone know the model Oxfords that will work with the Fat Bar? Or, if not, I'm guessing that 7/8" open ended grips will probably work.  Thanks.

Virtually all fat bars taper down to stock diameter where the switch gear and grips are fitted so all  the Oxford grips should be fine. You may need to ask Barkbusters for threaded inserts suitable for Alloy bars, as the ID is usually smaller...you'll need open ended grips to fit BBs (and barweights)

NB/ depending on how wide you go with the fat bars, Oxford grips come in three lengths....if you're not planning to chip the bar width  down you may find that the middle or shortest grip length gives you more real estate for the barkbuster clamp fittings & switch gear etc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:02:03 PM by Jonathan »

Online Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:54:39 AM »
The Tour version is the same length as the original X grips.

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:33:05 AM »
I fitted the Advanced Touring version, correct length, no cutting, they switch off when you turn the bike off, my bike has normal bars though.
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]

Hi Toad' - As Jonathan has explained above, the Renthal fat-bars that Rally-Raid sell are 7/8ths diameter at the control section (like all fat-bars), so the grips you choose will fit on in just the same way as they would on any other bars.

If you're fitting BarkBusters too, the again, the mounting kit that Rally-Raid sell (BHG-152) for fat-bars has the correct size inserts for the [thicker wall] Renthals.

Jx

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
Virtually all fat bars taper down to stock diameter where the switch gear and grips are fitted so all  the Oxford grips should be fine. You may need to ask Barkbusters for threaded inserts suitable for Alloy bars, as the ID is usually smaller...you'll need open ended grips to fit BBs (and barweights)

NB/ depending on how wide you go with the fat bars, Oxford grips come in three lengths....if you're not planning to chip the bar width  down you may find that the middle or shortest grip length gives you more real estate for the barkbuster clamp fittings & switch gear etc.
Thanks Jonathan, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Lancs-lad, Mr. Paul - thank you as well

JMo - Thanks, I've got Barkbusters and Stroms on order at Rally Raid - I guess.. They aren't real chatty.. :155:
Just damn happy to be here...

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage