Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Trekker Outback  (Read 792 times)

Offline Lucard

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Viseu
Givi Trekker Outback
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
Guys, I kinda need some of your knowledge.

Like I said in the presentation, in jan 2020 I'm going to buy a 19' model and I'll buy some extras with it.
One of them is the Givi Trekker Outback side cases + Top case (the small ones), will they work for the bike? I mean, they wont affect the rinding confort or she wont get too large at the back?

I want something that is realy durable, because, I'm taking with me 5k+ worth of photography gear, and want it really well protected against colisions and thieves.

Sorry for my "ENGRISH", trying my best.

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Givi Trekker Outback
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 07:18:04 PM »
I can't really comment on how they would affect the CB500X, (they should be fine though) but I have the Givi Trekker Outback topbox on my Tiger 800 and it's a lovely bit of kit, very well made, though it should be for the money they cost!

Offline i-WERKS

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: TORONTO
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
I have the topcase and use it for my camera gear as well. Works fine and feels pretty secure when locked. I do find that my boot sometimes hits the case when getting on/off the bike but that's relatively minor. It's nicely made but not indestructable. I have several dents on mine just from stuff bouncing around inside. I also had put my tripod in the topcase once and the vibrations on the bike during 8hr ride nearly rubbed a hole where the tripod touched the inside wall of the topcase. Now all my gear gets put in some sort of bag/case before it goes in the topcase. I've also used it as a seat by the fire when camping.

Easily one of my favorite, most used additions to the bike.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:22:49 PM by i-WERKS »

Offline manray

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 05:05:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Lucard [+]
Guys, I kinda need some of your knowledge.

Like I said in the presentation, in jan 2020 I'm going to buy a 19' model and I'll buy some extras with it.
One of them is the Givi Trekker Outback side cases + Top case (the small ones), will they work for the bike? I mean, they wont affect the rinding confort or she wont get too large at the back?

I want something that is realy durable, because, I'm taking with me 5k+ worth of photography gear, and want it really well protected against colisions and thieves.

Sorry for my "ENGRISH", trying my best.

For photography equipment, check out Pelican Cases.  These cases are cheaper, 100% waterproof, lighter in weight and most important have foam inserts which you can cut out to fit each camera body and lens.  Pelican cases can mount to a variety of racks but you will need to be creative.

Depending on how much camera equipment you have, you can buy a Pelican case as your top box (camera gear only) and buy the Givi panniers for your other luggage. 

Caribou Luggage uses Pelican cases.  Have a look at their website for ideas.

https://cariboucases.com

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 05:06:58 AM by manray »

Offline Lucard

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Viseu
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 09:32:58 AM »
Wowa, so many replys.

i-WERKS - I was thinking to use some foam thingys from Ali Express, they are just like the inside of the camera bags, with velcro and all that, so stuff wouldn't be flying around. They are cheap and there are lot of sizes, they would fit inside the Givi top case.

manray - My initial setup would be with pelican cases (or pelican like), but then I would have to buy another top case for my daily commute, and leave my helmet inside (I forgot to mention this). But, I'll give another look again, maybe I can do just fine with them.

Offline Anwar Namtut

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 05:09:36 PM »
Anyone know what model of mounting rack is needed for the side cases?

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage