Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 OEM Light Bar  (Read 4356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DR.NO

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
  • Country: ca
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »
Thank you fspoel, That install looks great. Now i just need to find somewhere to buy the parts as they seem to be very elusive to find online.


Offline adman

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
  • Country: de
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB 500X PC64
  • City / Town: Made in Solingen
A straight line is only the shortest connection between two curves ...

Offline Sherloc

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: KCMO
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 11:17:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by DR.NO [+]
Looks like they only come in Silver, i wish there was a black version. Paired with a RR belly pan this looks like it would keep everything well protected.

Rattle can the silver with matching black paint....

Online LDesp

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Highland
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
I see three part numbers listed for this setup. Can someone tell me what part number contains the actual ON/OFF center console switch? I really like how that integrates with the dash and would like to try to use it on some other after market lights, so I would only like to purchase the switch.

Offline VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 04:34:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by LDesp [+]
I see three part numbers listed for this setup. Can someone tell me what part number contains the actual ON/OFF center console switch? I really like how that integrates with the dash and would like to try to use it on some other after market lights, so I would only like to purchase the switch.

Not sure if there is an individual part # for that switch.  You may have to purchase the entire kit.   But somewhere on this forum I recall reading that the switch used on the Africa Twin may be identical and can be purchased individually.

Online LDesp

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Highland
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
Not sure if there is an individual part # for that switch.  You may have to purchase the entire kit.   But somewhere on this forum I recall reading that the switch used on the Africa Twin may be identical and can be purchased individually.

After further research I was able to locate it, it is part of the oem fog light mounting kit #08V70MKPD80ZA

Do you know the part number or have a link to the Africa Twin part you mentioned?

Thanks



Offline Oyley

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 189
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
The SW Motech light bar for the 19my onwards should be in stock this week at Motorcycle Road&Race  34.20

Offline VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 11:29:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
The SW Motech light bar for the 19my onwards should be in stock this week at Motorcycle Road&Race  34.20

The oem honda light bar seems to also double as a crashbar.  Will the SW Motech light bar be similarly robust?

Offline Oyley

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 189
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
  • City / Town: West Bradford
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 11:34:46 PM »
Its purely to mount auxiliary lights onto,I have ordered it as I have already purchased crash bars so only need it for lights.
Have you checked the images on SW Motech site,its on the German site and just recently on the UK Road and Race site.
I commented as the title was light bar and that's just what the SW Motech item is.
Looks like the Honda one is more a crash bar that you can mount lights onto.

Offline VA-CB500X

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 137
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2020, 11:35:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by LDesp [+]
After further research I was able to locate it, it is part of the oem fog light mounting kit #08V70MKPD80ZA

Do you know the part number or have a link to the Africa Twin part you mentioned?

Thanks

Im afraid not.  But here is a thread where this was mentioned (but not sure if this is the thread I was remembering - - I had thought the part # was mentioned.)

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,9274.msg92156.html#msg92156

 


Recent Topics


victorious-backstage