Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 OEM Light Bar  (Read 4316 times)

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Highland
Re: 2019 OEM Light Bar
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2020, 12:34:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
I’m afraid not.  But here is a thread where this was mentioned (but not sure if this is the thread I was remembering - - I had thought the part # was mentioned.)

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,9274.msg92156.html#msg92156

That was enough info to get me digging in the right direction. Found the website and single switch from the thread you sent me to.

For anyone else in the future here it is.
https://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00cbb604-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=16123636

Thanks allot for the help!

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by fspoel [+]
Have the same light bar - really like it!
...also got the light kit installed

Would you mind telling me what the weight is on the bar itself? Wondering if adding it makes any noticeable top heavyness?

Also are lights themselves LED? Are they the same color as the OEM headlight?

Thanks

Offline fspoel

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Nuenen
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2020, 01:54:15 PM »
I have no idea what the weight of the bar is. My Honda dealer installed it along with the lights. It was on back order at the time so i drove the first miles without the bar and lights. I did not notice any difference.
These are all original Honda parts but noticed that the LED fog lights are slightly warmer white then the LED headlamp.
But it looks great! I just want to be better visible for others in traffic. I hardly drive at night or bad weather.

good luck with your install!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:57:37 PM by fspoel »

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2020, 02:00:58 PM »
I have no idea what the weight of the bar is. My Honda dealer installed it along with the lights. It was on back order at the time so i drove the first miles without the bar and lights. I did not notice any difference.
These are all original Honda parts but noticed that the LED fog lights are slightly warmer white then the LED headlamp.
But it looks great! I just want to be better visible for others in traffic. I hardly drive at night or bad weather.

Thank you!

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2020, 09:07:42 PM »

I like the looks of that oem ”lightbar.”  Do you feel it is sturdy enough to do double-duty as a “crashbar” for the upper fairing and tank area?

If this also serves as a crashbar, I wonder why Honda calls this a “lightbar” rather than a “crashbar”?  Is it due to the negative connotation of the word “crash”?

Online Swanny

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X & CB1300
  • City / Town: Nr Bath
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »
They do look really good
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline LDesp

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »

Offline fspoel

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Nuenen
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2020, 09:57:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by VA-CB500X [+]
I like the looks of that oem ”lightbar.”  Do you feel it is sturdy enough to do double-duty as a “crashbar” for the upper fairing and tank area?

If this also serves as a crashbar, I wonder why Honda calls this a “lightbar” rather than a “crashbar”?  Is it due to the negative connotation of the word “crash”?

Yes is a sturdy protection... not even sure what the official name is - for me the primary function is to able to mount the fog lights.

Offline Sven72

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Rixensart
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »
Hi, I just received my new bike and had Hepco+Becker crashbars (engine & top) installed. they come standard in Black. https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/honda/cb-500-x-2019/motorschutzbuegel-anthrazit-fuer-honda-cb-500-x-2019.html
each was EUR165 and installed by the dealer. LED foglights also H+B, the switch is mounted on the handlebar, not as elegant as the Honda version.

Cheers,
Sven

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage