Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: scorpion slip-on  (Read 342 times)

Offline jronmorgan

• CB500X Member
  • Yo mama..
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Falls Church VA
scorpion slip-on
« on: June 23, 2019, 02:18:14 PM »
Does any one know if *any* slip-on works with a RR level 2 kit or does the scorpion they sell have a special bend to accommodate the suspension change?

Just asking because I much prefer titanium (burnt myself too many damned times with SS) and I have noticed a couple of images on the web with people putting on heat shields to protect their luggage.. Don't like carbon fiber because it is more easily destroyed in a drop..

Apparently scorpion *does* make the slip-on in Ti but it seems you can't get that one via the RR website. https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/honda-cb-500-fx-16-current-2016-2017-serket-taper-titanium

So.. Looking at the Scorpion Ti if I can find someplace to get one in the USA or possibly a Hindle. Checking out other Ti options but there aren't a lot of them for the 500x.
I came, I saw, I shat myself..

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: scorpion slip-on
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by jronmorgan [+]
Does any one know if *any* slip-on works with a RR level 2 kit or does the scorpion they sell have a special bend to accommodate the suspension change?

Just asking because I much prefer titanium (burnt myself too many damned times with SS) and I have noticed a couple of images on the web with people putting on heat shields to protect their luggage.. Don't like carbon fiber because it is more easily destroyed in a drop..

Apparently scorpion *does* make the slip-on in Ti but it seems you can't get that one via the RR website. https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/honda-cb-500-fx-16-current-2016-2017-serket-taper-titanium

So.. Looking at the Scorpion Ti if I can find someplace to get one in the USA or possibly a Hindle. Checking out other Ti options but there aren't a lot of them for the 500x.

I'm pretty sure the Serket Taper will fit the X whether or not you have a longer shock or lowering links...if you don't mind tinnitus buy a coffman side exit stubby :)

If pannier clearance is an issue there are skinnier slip ons....a cylindrical can will give you more room.
alternatively, lengthen the exhaust hanger bracket, and rejig the angle of the link pipe to suit. If you need even more clearance, you can buy short  pre cut lengths of exhaust pipe in various angles...these can be welded to the original to increase the length/exit angle etc.   
they're a couple of $s each
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:39:12 PM by Jonathan »

Offline jronmorgan

• CB500X Member
  • Yo mama..
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Falls Church VA
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »
BTW, the thing that bothers me about the stock unit is not its sound but the fact that its huge and it totally gets in the way when I ride standing.. Super annoying..
I came, I saw, I shat myself..

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »

Hi Jronmorgan - John and I have not tried every aftermarket exhaust available for the CB500X, but those we have tried (Akrapovic, Yoshimura etc.) - along with plenty of others you see on customer bikes - seem to clear just fine, as they almost always use a uniform diameter (50mm) link section between the header and the silencer.

for info. It was only the OEM 2013-16 bikes that had a problem as that part was conical (and correspondingly much fatter directly under the swing-arm), and the swing-arm could just touch it when you had the +50mm travel LEVEL 2 suspension fitted.

Jx
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:40:43 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 08:37:38 PM »
BTW, the thing that bothers me about the stock unit is not its sound but the fact that its huge and it totally gets in the way when I ride standing.. Super annoying..

I'm thinking of getting a new link pipe made up for the same reason....or try one of these chinesium ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/51mm-Motorcycle-Exhaust-Middle-Link-Pipe-For-Honda-CBR500R-CB500X-CBR400R-CB400X/302941888944?fits=UKM_Make%3AHonda%7CUKM_Model%3ACB&hash=item4688be61b0:g:mwgAAOSwekhb2rjz

Recent Topics