Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Damper Rods In Pre-2018  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
Re: 2019 Damper Rods In Pre-2018
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »
Very good comments from others.
I'd add that you want to loosen (do not remove, just get it started) the cap while still fixed in the triples, and also loosen the bottom allen hex bolt while the legs are together - the preload pressure helps tho keep the damper rod in place.
Also before you remove the cap, loosen the preload adjuster if you have one, otherwise the cap can go airborn. If you have no preload adjuster cap, it's time to install one when you assemble everything. Lastly make sure you drain the fluid well by cycling the forks to pump out fluid before you attempt assembly. The legs have some 460ml of fluid but even a small amount can make a huge mess.
Lastly, don't know how many miles you have on your bike, and what's the status of your seals, but this would be a good time to change those too if they are in need of doing so.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:47:45 AM by Oyabun »

Online Sherloc

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
Re: 2019 Damper Rods In Pre-2018
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 09:02:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by hondamxracer [+]
In summary, I spent a little less than $100 US upgrading the suspension on my CB500X (front: springs, dampers, prelaod caps, oil; rear: GSXR750 shock). The best money I have spent in a long time on a bike.

Did you use the stock GSXR spring or change it out? To confirm, for the fork it 2019 OEM damper rod and front spring?

Thanks for the feedback!

Recent Topics