Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CBX in USA?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline bobwombat

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Pine,Arizona USA
Re: 2019 CBX in USA?
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »
JMo & Shaky:  When I went to the nearby mega-dealer to see the 2019 CB500X, the sales rep didn't know if they had any in the basement & would have to check; none in the showroom & he also asked why I wanted a 2019.  "Oh, they've made a number of nice little changes", I said.  When the HONDA sales rep asked me what those were, I listed a couple & then trailed off.....  No, not interested in the Versys 300 or the VStrom......

I have a long-time bike dealer (shameless plug: MotoCity, Anthem, AZ, USA) who, on a bad day, charges MSRP, Tax, Registration & I think $25; it's always been their way of doing business.  That's OTD & they never charge over MSRP.  Speaking to a newer sales guy there last week who's now helping me, I just asked for the best consideration since this would be my 3rd bike purchased from them since 2014.  Plus, they needed to add the Repeat Customer Discount, the Good Guy Discount, AARP Discount, Veteran Discount, "Wisdom" (old guy) Discount to get me down to the END OF YEAR price.  That may be a ridiculous request but, hey, if you don't ask....

Meanwhile, as a newb interested in the CBX my observation is that it has a very loyal following in Europe, Australia & perhaps elsewhere.  To me (spent 6 formative years in Britain), the Euros know motorbikes & the Ausies seem to know a worthy rugged bike when they ride it.  Americans like big as we all know.  Me?  I've worked my way down size-wise from a F800GS to 690 Enduro R, 690 Duke & current FZ-07 (beautiful engine!).  So, smaller is better especially as we age with grace.  Considering this...

...I'm willing to give the CB500X a try; if only my dealer can find one!

Thx a ton for the great info.  Btw, very very nice Forum here.  Cheers, Bob in AZ/USA
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:56:24 PM by bobwombat »
Bob from AZ/USA

Offline Buster217

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:45 AM »
Got my '19 ABS model 3 weeks ago in Vancouver Washington. That dealer still had a non ABS model on the floor recently. A dealer in Seattle had at least one back when I was looking. These two dealers were the only ones I found in the northwest that had any '19s.

Offline ksmoker2

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
The dealer where I bought mine in Southern Louisiana got 2 non ABS bikes in with 1 being mine on May 29th. Last time I checked the other one on was still unspoken for.

Offline bobwombat

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 02:09:08 AM »
Many thanks to everybody for the thoughts & help.  Am very bummed after learned today my dealer won't be getting any 2019 CB500X's and no offer to special order for me.  Will try another dealer here in the Phoenix, AZ/USA who sells only Honda in hopes they can help.  Never had to scrounge for a bike in my life; hope it's worth it!

Thx & cheers, Bob in AZ/USA
Bob from AZ/USA

Offline Revoflyer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Oro Valley
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Hi Bob, have you tried Musselman Honda in Tucson - they are one of the oldest dealers in the nation, like since 1959. I have not yet purchased, but received really good and knowledgeable service when I called in. Greetings from the Old Pueblo - Tom 

Offline bobwombat

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
Rev:  Musselman in Tucson is really a name from the past I recognize from the old days here in Arizona but I'm not familiar with the TUC dealers at all.  As luck would have it, I found a local Honda-only dealer who's getting a 2019 in early August.  I can have it with a deposit but we need to chat first on Friday.  Hoping it works out.  Thx for the heads up, Rev!  Bob
Bob from AZ/USA

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 03:42:24 PM »
I saw a pretty red 2019 CB500X at Manchester Honda in Manchester, CT.  They stock a lot of dual sport bikes, but at the of a row of KTMs was the 2019!

Offline bobwombat

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »
FYI for those in Arizona/Southwest, Thx to a referral by fellow inmate, RevoFlyer, I got my '19 CB500X ABS from Musselman Honda in Tucson a few days ago after a month long search.  So, there's at least one '19 in this part of the world. Not a single dealer in Phoenix had, or would order, a '19 ABS for me; so glad RevoFlyer turned me on to Arizona's oldest Honda dealer.  Thx again, Rev!  Oh.....the bike is rather impressive actually; who cares if it's 100+ degrees riding across the flat Arizona desert for 2 hours when you've gotta new slick bike?!  Bob in AZ/USA
Bob from AZ/USA

Offline Shaky6

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Taylor
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 04:31:32 AM »
I just took my first long ride on the 2019 500x today.  About 360 miles.  I'm not happy.  I was never this sore after a long haul on the KLR.  My butt is killing me.  Bike ran great though.  It's not happy with cross winds.  Windscreen is kinda useless @75mph and so much wind noise that ear plugs don't even help.  I'm shopping local inventories right now for a trade.
Woot. woot.

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shaky6 [+]
I just took my first long ride on the 2019 500x today.  About 360 miles.  I'm not happy.  I was never this sore after a long haul on the KLR.  My butt is killing me.  Bike ran great though.  It's not happy with cross winds.  Windscreen is kinda useless @75mph and so much wind noise that ear plugs don't even help.  I'm shopping local inventories right now for a trade.

I fully expected the CBX seat to need help, but I have put multiple days of 8+ hours in the saddle without any soreness.  That was not true of my VFR, whose seat I upgraded to a Sargent seat.  At 5' 9", I also am very pleased with the addition of the MRA X-Creen Sport spoiler to my stock screen.  That assessment  comes after many hours riding at 65+ mph.  (I have to admit that I don't think the CBX was built to run 75 mph for long.  If that was my goal, I would have stuck with my VFR which could do that with ease.)  The only thing that bothers me on long rides is my knees, but short of a bike with highway pegs to offer multiple leg positions, I don't see how to avoid that stiffness at my age after sitting still for hours.  I just take more breaks as the day winds on, or if my speeds and the traffic are reasonable, I stand for a bit.  What do you think you will trade for?

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage