Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Accessories  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Antwon412

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yuba City, CA
Re: 2019 Accessories
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pat91 [+]
Hello Antwon412,
Do you have the instruction manual for mounting this 12v socket. I'd like to watch it before, but can not find on the web? Then if you have a copy of this instruction manual , it would be great
Thanks so much
Patrick

It didnt come with any instructions. A slip of paper with Instructions on going to the website to download installation instructions. However there was nothing at the link sometime in The USA and these technically have not been released here yet.

Heres the vid I watched to remove fairings.

You will see a bundle of wires going to take the fairings off. There is an unused plus with a cap in it to protect it. Just pull out that And the harness on the 12 accessory socket plugs right into it. It really could not be any simpler and once you have those fairings off you will see what I mean.

A couple of them are held on with not only screws and rubber pressure plugs but also some heavy duty Velcro so you have to give them a little tug for them to come off.

Offline trollbiker

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Haugesund
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 09:37:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Antwon412 [+]

....Heres the vid I watched to remove fairings......

You will see a bundle of wires going to take the fairings off. There is an unused plus with a cap in it to protect it. Just pull out that And the harness on the 12 accessory socket plugs right into it. It really could not be any simpler and once you have those fairings off you will see what I mean.

A couple of them are held on with not only screws and rubber pressure plugs but also some heavy duty Velcro so you have to give them a little tug for them to come off.

Great my video has been useful..here is a picture to show where the connector is located. Just pull out dummy insert and then connect plug from your outlet :-) Easy..

4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 12:58:27 AM »
Great information once my socket arrives I'll be giving it a try!!
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Shaky6

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Taylor
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 03:59:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by grewen [+]
well, i wish someone had told me the ones off of my 2018 wouldn't fit my new 2019...before i installed them and found they work great. honda didn't change the foot pegs

Does yours have ABS?  I'm wondering if that is the difference?  I'm not gonna order something they told me very clearly doesn't fit, and then cry about doing a return.
Woot. woot.

Offline lesmeister

• CB500X Member
  • Ride Often & Ride Safe
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: West Columbia,SC
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »
Wanted a OEM center stand, for my '19, two different 'Honda Powersports' dealers told me the it will not be available until August, 2019.  My guess would be around the third week.  Placed an order for one with my dealer, and will wait till he calls.  From what I'm reading, it looks like all the OEM/US accessories may not be released at the same time. . . . . . lesmeister    :155:

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »
I ordered a centre stand & a 12v socket from North West Honda yesterday, delivered today FOC.
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Shaky6

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 10:51:02 PM »
I found another company that has an engine guard/cage that will also fit the '19.  It's T Rex racing.
 https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2013-2019-Honda-CB500X-Engine-Guard-Crash-Cages-p/n47-13eg.htm

It looks pretty solid and also has a puck slider incorporated.  I asked them if I could get one unfinished in bare steel, you know so I can add some personalized fabrication and whatnot (highway pegs, auxiliary light mounting tabs, fastening points for storage), and that would be an upcharge of $100.  How can it be more expensive for less work and materials? 
Woot. woot.

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 01:01:53 AM »
I saw them on eBay, but that acute angle at the bottom left of the bars is awful, just my opinion.
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Shaky6

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 01:41:54 AM »
I agree.  I bet it's because they needed an open space to fit the tubing bender inside and that was the most cost effective way to close it in.  If I had a tubing bender and a jig table I'd build my own. 
Woot. woot.

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 02:03:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shaky6 [+]
I found another company that has an engine guard/cage that will also fit the '19.  It's T Rex racing.
 https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2013-2019-Honda-CB500X-Engine-Guard-Crash-Cages-p/n47-13eg.htm

It looks pretty solid and also has a puck slider incorporated.  I asked them if I could get one unfinished in bare steel, you know so I can add some personalized fabrication and whatnot (highway pegs, auxiliary light mounting tabs, fastening points for storage), and that would be an upcharge of $100.  How can it be more expensive for less work and materials?

Be wary about the fit.
I asked them about it on a youtube thread and they replied yes without hesitation. That was months before anyone in North America had seen a 2019 in the flesh. They were willing to promise fitment on a bike they had never even seen in the flesh.

Go Jets Go!!!

Recent Topics