Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pictures of your wires  (Read 667 times)

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Pro
  • Hi everybody!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yulee, Florida
Re: Pictures of your wires
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]

here's a tip that will transform your cable sheathing world....heat up a razor blade (held with mole grips) using a blow torch...marvel as your hot blade slices effortlessly through pvc trunking, snake skin, rubber hose, plastic tubing etc..... :001:

try it...you'll never go back :152:

Great tip!! Thanks :)

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 01:22:15 AM »
Ah wiring...
Well it's probably a little late now, since you already have your PC8. I had one, but decided that it was to big and bulky for the CB. When you allow for all the wires coming out of the sides of the PC8, it needs a lot of real estate.  What I used instead was the Eastern Beaver 4CS

It's still a bulky mess, but you can route, lay and tie wires in spaces to make room.

During the install phase, it's a mess.  I'm connecting GPS, USB (shared circuit), heated grips, heated jacket connection, voltmeter and a spare circuit. I ordered a splitter for one of the runs.

Cleaned up it doesn't take up a lot of room, well it doesn't take up all my room  :001:) and I can still get to my fuses.

And lastly, I loomed all my wires into a makeshift harness running to the front of the bike. Now they are protected and will be easier to move to the next CB - when I wear this one out  :008:

Good luck with your installs. At least your hands don't get so dirty when you are wiring...
Just damn happy to be here...

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Celeste1178 [+]

...........I plan to trim the excess plastic for sure, just haven't done it yet.... why is it even made like that anyways?.........

Often, (especially if it shares parts with other models or it's exported to a number of different countries) they'll make a generic moulding to accommodate stuff required for each...

eg. US and EU legislation differs so they'll fit specific parts to suit.

With the X in particular, earlier models had random connectors and seemingly redundant bits of loom....these were future proofing for updates and accessories...some of the weird plastic bits are there to fit a 'genuine' Honda U lock....don't bother looking for one; it's made of spaghetti

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:06:23 PM by Jonathan »

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Pro
  • Hi everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by ncroadtoad [+]
Ah wiring...
Well it's probably a little late now, since you already have your PC8. I had one, but decided that it was to big and bulky for the CB. When you allow for all the wires coming out of the sides of the PC8, it needs a lot of real

Good luck with your installs. At least your hands don't get so dirty when you are wiring...

Thank you so much! Great ideas and the pictures are a big help to me... :) :)

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Pro
  • Hi everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
Often, (especially if it shares parts with other models or it's exported to a number of different countries) they'll make a generic moulding to accommodate stuff required for each...

eg. US and EU legislation differs so they'll fit specific parts to suit.

With the X in particular, earlier models had random connectors and seemingly redundant bits of loom....these were future proofing for updates and accessories...some of the weird plastic bits are there to fit a 'genuine' Honda U lock....don't bother looking for one; it's made of spaghetti

Makes sense, I hadn't thought about that.

Recent Topics