Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust hanger for 2019 CB500X  (Read 226 times)

Offline Monkey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Exhaust hanger for 2019 CB500X
« on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Does anyone know if the R & G exhaust hanger will fit the 2019 CB500X?
Cheers

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Exhaust hanger for 2019 CB500X
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 06:55:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Monkey [+]
Does anyone know if the R & G exhaust hanger will fit the 2019 CB500X?
Cheers

Hi Monkey - if you look on R&G's website, you will see they only list the exhaust hanger for the 2013-16 models - ie. the ones with the original cylindrical silencer can.

In 2017, the OEM exhaust changed shape, as did the right hand pillion footrest bracket as the mounting bolt was in a slightly different location to the earlier bikes.

The same thing happened again with the 2019 model - it is in a different location again - so I would suggest that until they make one specifically for those model years, the original hanger will not fit, since on the 2019 model especially, there is about an inch difference in the location of the silencer mounting bolt.

Hope that helps,

Jenny x

ps. That said, if you are planning on fitting an aftermarket silencer too, particularly one with a strap clamp rather than a dedicated welded/riveted mounting bracket attached, then you might well be able to get it to all fit together - as the strap would allow you to reposition the silencer so it lines up with the original mounting bolt location on the R&G hanger. note that the location of the lugs on the subframe where the passenger footrest/exhaust hanger bolts on have not changed across all years.
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Monkey

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Re: Exhaust hanger for 2019 CB500X
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks Jenny. I will wait as I have the Scorpion exhaust arriving today from RR.

Recent Topics