Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is there such a thing as a manual for a 2019 ?  (Read 374 times)

Offline Jaws

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500 X, CBR1100
  • City / Town: Theford
Is there such a thing as a manual for a 2019 ?
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »
Sorry, another noob question, but after days of searching I have come to the conclusion they do not exist..
So it is time to ask you guys who have been there and done that

Is there such a thing as a manual for a 2019 ?
John
Currently living in an old farts body

Online motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: Is there such a thing as a manual for a 2019 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
I'm sure your bike came with an owners manual-so were talking shop manual and yes there is-right now being the bike just came out the best place to get it would be your dealer
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Jaws

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »
I got the user manual ok, and the service book etec etc, it is te full workshop manual I need Motorboy..
Strictly speaking it is a 2018 really.. the frame number relates to 2019 but it is VERY early and different to the new 2019 models I have seen
John

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 08:42:01 PM »
When I had the 2016 model I bought the Haynes manual that covers the earlier model & I've kept it to use on the 2019 I've now got, there's a few changes but the torque settings etc will be the same, there's usually one downloadable somewhere? The Honda one is to expensive for the type of use I give it.
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Jaws

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lancs-lad [+]
When I had the 2016 model I bought the Haynes manual that covers the earlier model & I've kept it to use on the 2019 I've now got, there's a few changes but the torque settings etc will be the same, there's usually one downloadable somewhere? The Honda one is to expensive for the type of use I give it.
Good to know.. thank you :-)
I will start searching again!
John

Offline DR.NO

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 09:23:52 PM »
There is a page in my 2019 owners manual that tells you the part number and where to buy the shop service manual. I ordered mine online directly from Helminc

Offline Jaws

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by DR.NO [+]
There is a page in my 2019 owners manual that tells you the part number and where to buy the shop service manual. I ordered mine online directly from Helminc
Cheers.. I will  take a gander :-)
John

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 10:11:18 AM »
FYI there's another topic on this, the last post is worth a read to avoid embarrassment to some potential posters:

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,763.msg35061.html#msg35061

Haynes also do a manual for the 2013 - 2015 models although most of it would be applicable up to 2018 models (I think!).

Problem with Helminc is that they don't entertain shipping abroard to the UK. If you go through their checkout you'll see that their system charges a rediculous amount for international shipping to the UK:

I queried this with them as I assumed the amount was some sort of system error in their checkout. Can't say I was impressed by their response, they basically said the system works out the charge and thats it, final.   :087:

Would suggest that your Honda dealer would be your best bet  :821:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:11:52 AM by Admin »

Offline Jaws

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
FYI there's another topic on this, the last post is worth a read to avoid embarrassment to some potential posters:

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,763.msg35061.html#msg35061

Haynes also do a manual for the 2013 - 2015 models although most of it would be applicable up to 2018 models (I think!).

Problem with Helminc is that they don't entertain shipping abroard to the UK. If you go through their checkout you'll see that their system charges a rediculous amount for international shipping to the UK:

I queried this with them as I assumed the amount was some sort of system error in their checkout. Can't say I was impressed by their response, they basically said the system works out the charge and thats it, final.   :087:

Would suggest that your Honda dealer would be your best bet  :821:

Good lord !
I still have an agent in the states who gets parts shipped to him and then ships them to me..
He has no trade standing as such so things are retail, but it still works out a lot cheaper usually,
Over the years I have organised everything from a WaterPure filter to RV parts to CB radios and thousands of bike parts !
John

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage