Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Recently back from a trip to Russia  (Read 636 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MrW

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Godalming
Recently back from a trip to Russia
« on: July 23, 2019, 11:30:08 AM »
Phew... just returned from a six week trip to Russia on my CB500XA which worked perfectly throughout (of course). If you're interested in reading the story of the trip, there's a blog. I hope it makes for an enjoyable read.

https://wordpress.com/view/russiabymotorcycle.wordpress.com

Mark

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1658
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 02:24:37 PM »
It won't let me in without creating an account. I'm sorry but I don't want to do this.
Brian.

Offline MrW

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Godalming
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 03:49:10 PM »
Don't blame you, Brian. I didn't realise it was necessary - it isn't usually AFAIK. Try this link instead:

http://russiabymotorcycle.wordpress.com

Let me know if you can access the blog without logging in.

Mark

Offline CB500X

  • Forum Help & Support
  • *****
  • Posts: 140
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »
That second link worked  :028:

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1658
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by MrW [+]
Don't blame you, Brian. I didn't realise it was necessary - it isn't usually AFAIK. Try this link instead:

http://russiabymotorcycle.wordpress.com

Let me know if you can access the blog without logging in.

Mark

That worked - Thank You.

This is shaping up for One Big Read. Hell of a trip glancing at the maps.

WARNING -- it's upside down, so scroll to the bottom to start it.

This is looking good already -- so 70 years old, born again biker rides to Russia and loads of other places on 500cc Honda.

Compare to Ewan and Charlie who needed 1200 BMWs, full support crew and made a similar trip look very hard.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:59:44 PM by hilldweller »
Brian.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 12:18:06 AM »
Nice write up. Thanks for sharing.  :821:

That part of the world is definitely on my list.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller [+]
That worked - Thank You.

This is shaping up for One Big Read. Hell of a trip glancing at the maps.

WARNING -- it's upside down, so scroll to the bottom to start it.

This is looking good already -- so 70 years old, born again biker rides to Russia and loads of other places on 500cc Honda.

Compare to Ewan and Charlie who needed 1200 BMWs, full support crew and made a similar trip look very hard.

On the LWR trip, if you remember when Claudio's red bike broke down, they had hammers, full 3/8 drive sets and so on. They carried so much weight. On bikes like those, loaded with hammers for crying out loud, I would bet the trip would be tough.  :087:

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1658
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 11:05:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
On the LWR trip, if you remember when Claudio's red bike broke down, they had hammers, full 3/8 drive sets and so on. They carried so much weight. On bikes like those, loaded with hammers for crying out loud, I would bet the trip would be tough.  :087:

I remember watching Ewan continually picking the damned thing up. He was totally shattered.

Did they not have a BMW X5 with broken suspension ? And didn't the camera bike get replaced by cheap Chinese at some stage ?

But it was a good change from the normal TV rubbish.
Brian.

Offline motorboy

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 877
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 03:11:10 PM »
WOW what a trip- and a very good write up-sounds like it could be made into a book
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline hilldweller

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1658
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Re: Recently back from a trip to Russia
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 09:39:41 PM »
Am I being a prat ?

As far as I can see the blog is upside down. So I scroll to the bottom, backup a day, read, back up 2 days, read one day, back up 2 days......
Brian.

 


Recent Topics