Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: UK Breakdown Cover Question  (Read 729 times)

Offline neddog

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB 500X
UK Breakdown Cover Question
« on: July 28, 2019, 12:38:10 PM »
I use Autoaid breakdown recovery to cover my car in the UK which also covers my 2014 500X. The price of the annual cover has risen sharply this year to 60 and was just wondering if and what breakdown cover any other UK riders are using??

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: UK Breakdown Cover Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by neddog [+]
I use Autoaid breakdown recovery to cover my car in the UK which also covers my 2014 500X. The price of the annual cover has risen sharply this year to 60 and was just wondering if and what breakdown cover any other UK riders are using??

been with the AA for as long as I can remember....it's around the same money but it covers me rather than what I'm driving/riding. Never used home start but on the occasions I've had to call them out for a breakdown they've always been good.

Offline Samsgrandad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Langport
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 01:46:23 PM »
I've been with the RAC for several years, also covering me rather than a specific vehicle. The price is about the same as neddog mentions.

Seems as if this is somewhere near the going rate for basic cover

Offline Northman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kinlochleven
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »
It's a Honda ,unless your getting breakdown as addon your insurance
Do you need it .

Offline Samsgrandad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Langport
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 05:05:31 PM »
Puncture?????

Offline rambrose

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: YBR125 & CB500X
  • City / Town: Plymouth
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 09:11:19 PM »
I've had need of the breakdown included with Carol Nash (not for the honda). Took 7 hours to turn up.
I was in a carpark at the end of the road. First one said I wasn't there. Second just gave up.
I had burnt the clutch out riding my ybr 125 through pea shingle so there was no chance of a fix and just took me home.

I have the honda recovery that came with the bike. Not needed it.

If you intend to go to Europe it would be worth asking what impact Brexit will have. European cover may cease at this time
2017 CB500x ABS. RR Lvl1 forks. Fender extenders. Rear Honda hugger. Honda centre stand. Oxford advanced pro touring heated grips. Barkbuster VPS guards. Bar riser. GPS bar. Zumo660. Mirror extenders. Clip on screen deflector. RR foot pegs. Rotopax fuel can. Rr led light repeaters. Givi Trekker 46Ltr top box, 33ltr panniers

Online AJC500

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 07:31:45 AM »
I used AA recovery when my last bike broke down a few years ago - they took hours to get to me and had no idea about bikes so just loaded it onto a truck and I went home on my pals bike.

When they unloaded it at the dealer, it turned out they had tied the bike in place with ropes around the handlebar controls, then they dropped it.  Fortunately the dealer saw it all, and had to repair/replace the handlebar controls.

Although they paid for the repair, I have to say the AA were rubbish.
The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000mls recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km

Online Gills

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »
Start Recovery: https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover/motorcycle from 26. I've not had to use them, but the reviews are good. Only issue I've had whilst out is a rear puncture that I fixed with a tubeless repair kit that I carry (it lasted another 2k miles!)

Online AJC500

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gills [+]
Start Recovery: https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover/motorcycle from 26. I've not had to use them, but the reviews are good. Only issue I've had whilst out is a rear puncture that I fixed with a tubeless repair kit that I carry (it lasted another 2k miles!)

Good to know about alternatives - my car is covered by manufacturer at the moment, and bike is trusted to being a Honda!!
The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000mls recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 06:52:56 PM »
I have cover through my current account. I had a bike recovered through this by the RAC a few years ago. They used a van with bike fixings in the back.

Recent Topics